The app allows the user to see the weather of a number of selected cities. Locations can be added by pressing the list icon and the plus icon which allows the user to type in the city's name, ZIP Code or postal code or airport code. Locations can be removed by tapping the list icon and swiping left on the location that the user wants to delete.
In iOS 10 and later, the app can be removed from the home screen if the user wishes to. As of iOS 12, information about the weather can be displayed on an iOS device's lock screen after an alarm set by the device’s “Bedtime” feature goes off.
- Ritchie, Rene (December 4, 2016). "Weather app: The ultimate guide". iMore. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- Royal, Simon (January 13, 2017). "iPhone OS 1: The Beginning of an Era". Low End Mac. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- Hughes, Neil (June 20, 2014). "Weather Channel providing Apple more detailed data for iOS 8 Weather app than Yahoo did". Apple Insider. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- Haslam, Karen (August 11, 2017). "How to delete almost every iPhone app, and hide the rest". Macworld UK. Retrieved May 26, 2018.
- Kods, Sam (July 12, 2018). "How to Display Weather on iPhone Lock Screen?". Mashtips.