This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Developer(s)||Pedro Azevedo, Bruce Bodger, D. Keith Casey, Jr., Trevor Morse|
3.3 / October 7, 2014
|License||Pre-3.0 GPL v2
3.0 and later BSD style
web2project is a web-based, multi-user, multi-language Project Management application. It is an open-source software and free for any uses and is maintained by an open community of volunteer programmers. web2project, as collaborative software, allows for real-time interaction between task assignees and updates for stakeholders.
Structures and Features
Basic data elements and management functions include:
- Projects and Tasks
- Contact Manager with vCard support
- Resource / Asset Manager
- Gantt charts, Export via PDF or simple JPEG images
- Calendar with User-based Timezones, Syndication via iCalendar (supports Outlook, Thunderbird, Google Calendar, etc.)
- Project file manager
- Related Weblinks Manager
- Access control via ACL including respect for private events, tasks, and contacts
- Audit Log of all activities by all users
- Translation System supporting Czech, German, English, Spanish, Farsi, French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, and Russian
Since the entire original team membership consisted of former dotProject contributors, the design and development decisions were quite similar to dotProject itself. As time went on, the systems diverged though web2project has maintained a "converter" which allows dotProject users to perform a one-way conversion to web2project. At present, the web2project community suffers from fewer add-on modules and a smaller community in general.
As of July 2010, web2project is available via RPM install for Mandriva Linux.
Support and Community
The primary means of day to day support is provided free by volunteers in both the forums and via online documentation.
- "Best Collaborative Project Management Tool – Web2Project". SHELDMANDU.com. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Open Source Project Management with web2Project". WebWorkerDaily. 5 August 2010. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- Mandriva Linux RPM package