This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Initial release||February 23, 2010|
|Type||Portable Wiki/Application mashup (utility software)|
WebLaminarTools ("WLT") is a mashup supported by WebLaminar LLC. It consists of over 35 open source and freeware applications, running on Microsoft Windows from a USB stick. WebLaminarTools provides tools to support IT administrators, engineers, scientists and entrepreneurs. Its main components are MediaWiki for documentation and portable applications.
- 27 September 2017 - WebLaminar Mediawiki - complete docker stack for mediawiki installations using WebLaminarTools templates.
- 27 October 2012 - WebLaminarTools - WLT 2.3 upgraded math package to MathJax 2.0. Integrated PuTTY and WinSCP with Pageant.
- 24 August 2011 - WebLaminarTools - WLT 2.2 upgraded for contributions tracking and updated getting started page
- 25 April 2011 - WebLaminarTools - WLT2.1_IT Download enabled on the WebLaminar website for IT administrators upgraded to MediaWiki 1.16 and vector skin.
- 25 November 2010 - WebLaminarTools - WLT 2.1 download enabled on WebLaminar website for entrepreneurs, students, scientists and engineers.
- 23 February 2010 - WebLaminarTools - WLT 1.0 download enabled on WebLaminar website for IT administrators
The combination of wiki documentation, collaboration and tools attempts to support Kolb's experiential learning model. A portable platform was chosen for ease of use and zero installation requirements.
- Collecting concrete experience, - wiki documentation with collaboration - group thought
- Observation of and reflection on that experience, - reviewing the wiki - models, visualizations, videos
- Formation of abstract concepts based upon the reflection, - brainstorming for procedures, solutions and implementations. - mind map, forum
- Testing the new concepts, - Admin. tools integrated in the wiki
Team learning in the form of a study group may be improved with the use of WebLaminarTools. The ease of installation and MediaWiki plug-ins allows the group to create a private wiki for collaboration, knowledge sharing and reflection. Security can be set to allow only your team to view and edit.
The distribution of IT administration is organized to help the user achieve greater effectiveness by incrementally building on the lessons of the previous day in a personal wiki. Search capabilities and a customizable menu system make the wiki ideal to ease retrieval of data. You can make decisions quicker and become proactive.
The Entrepreneur/Scientist mashup is collated to help with brainstorming, idea formation, hypothesis testing and factual reporting. It has business infrastructure tools to support finance, sales and support for a fledgling start-up so you can concentrate on the business at hand. It is intended to be a personal or team notebook that can be built on as your ideas and business pursuits expand.
All WebLaminarTools distributions can securely enable access to the wiki through the use of MoWeS technology.
Update on MoWeS: MoWeS is no longer available for download on the MoWeS website. It has discontinued business operations as of Nov. 7, 2012. Our download uses version 2.2.3 which was packaged just before they quit operations.
List of applications
- MediaWiki 1.16
- Joomla CMS 1.5 - a content management system
- 7-Zip - File Compression
- KeePass - Password Safe
- Notepad++ - ASCII Editor
- PuTTY SSH - shell access
- WinSCP SFTP - file transfer
- Lightscreen - Screen Capture
- ClamWin - Virus Scan
- CamStudio - Video Capture
- JKDefrag - Disk Defragmentation
- CommandPrompt - DOS Prompt
- Cygwin w/Vi - Unix Prompt
- DBbrowser - Database browser
- GIMP - Image Editing
- Kompozer - HTML Editor
- Digg - DNS
- Wget - Command Line URL
- cURL - Command Line URL
- Greenfish - Icon Editor
- Gantt Project - Gantt Charting
- FreeMind - Brainstorming
- DIA - Drawing
- Coccinella - IM / Whiteboard
Math, Science and Entrepreneurial
- Taskfreak - Task Management
- Mantis - Bug tracking
- Tiger - CRM
- OS Ticket - Work Request
- MathSpeQ - Calculations
- SciLab - Calculations - Advanced
- Jmol - Jmol 3D chemical structures
- OSP - OSP Physics visualizations
- LilyPond - LilyPond Music Scoring
- Mozilla Firefox - web browser
- "David Kolb, The Theory of Experiential Learning and ESL" The Internet TESL Journal, Vol. III, No. 9, September 1997
- "Experiential learning in teams" Simulation Gaming September 2005 vol. 36 no. 3 330-354