This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Online payment solution|
|Parent||WebMoney Transfer ltd|
|Website||WebMoney official site|
WebMoney Transfer commonly known as WebMoney is an internet currency system that was established in 1998 in Moscow. The unit of payment is called WebMoney units (WM-units). No bank account or credit card is required to open or operate a WebMoney account.
In 2013, the Ukrainian government seized testing computer equipment from the Ukrainian guarantor and blocked 60 million UAH residing on guarantors' accounts in Ukraine. Officials of the Ministry of Revenues and Duties of Ukraine said that there were major irregularities in the operations of the company and that the rules of the operation of the payment system were not agreed with the National Bank of Ukraine. A statement made by the Ukrainian officials brands the use of WebMoney as illicit and illegal. One example being online pharmacy transactions. In March 2015, the Ukrainian guarantor's bank accounts were released by Ukrainian legal decision. Later that year the National Bank of Ukraine and Oschadbank, partnered with WebMoney.UA.
- "Company Overview of WM Transfer Ltd.". Bloomberg News. Retrieved 25 April 2016.
- "WebMoney Europe: We are not just an e-wallet, we create the environment for doing business online". Banks.eu. Retrieved 18 January 2016.
- "UAH 60 mln of Ukrainians blocked in WebMoney by tax authorities". QHA. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Внутрішньодержавні платіжні системи та міжнародні платіжні системи, платіжними організаціями яких є резиденти". National bank of Ukraine (in Ukrainian). 2015-05-21. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- Карпусь, Вадим (2015-06-18). ""Ощадбанк" стал партнёром Webmoney.UA (Oschadbank has become WebMoney.UA’s partner)". ITC.ua (in Russian).
- "WebMoney took 1st place in the rating by Ukrainian consumers and experts". WebMoney News. 2016-02-09. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- "WebMoney - №1 в Украине по мнению потребителей!". Favorites of Success (in Russian). 2016-01-29. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- "Украинцы определили лучшую платежную систему, банк и систему электронных платежей. (Ukrainians have chosen best payment system, bank and electronic payment system)". PaySpaceMagazine (in Russian). 2016-03-23.
- "Winners of the 2015". UKRAINIAN PEOPLE AWARD Official Site.