Type of site
|Owner||Adobe Systems, Apple Inc., Facebook, Google, HP, Microsoft, Mozilla, Nokia, Opera Software, and W3C|
|Launched||October 8, 2012|
|Creative Commons Attribution|
WebPlatform.org (or WebPlatform) was a community-edited documentation website spun off by W3C. It sought to create a vendor-neutral online reference of Web platform standards. The project was a collaboration among Adobe Systems, Apple Inc., Facebook, Google, HP, Microsoft, Mozilla, Nokia, Opera Software, and W3C, who were called "stewards" of the WebPlatform project.
As of September 2015 it was discontinued, with the notice "The WebPlatform project has been discontinued when the Stewards partnership agreement ended in September 2015. This site has been frozen, and the assets we have created will remain."
- screen orientation
- ambient light
- real-time communication
- long-running background processes
- making HTTP requests
- playing audio and video
- "Web Platform Stewards". Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- IEBlog. "Web Platform Docs Debuts with Developer Resources". IEBlog. Microsoft. Archived from the original on 2012-10-08. Retrieved 2021-03-20.
- "Blog · WebPlatform.org". WebPlatform.org. Retrieved 2021-03-20.
- Rohani, Kirk (2016-11-15). "Messaage on webplatform.org site | Treehouse Community". Treehouse Community. Retrieved 2021-03-20 – via Treehouse Community.
- Fregoso, Aldo (2016-11-22). "Endorse MDN instead of Web Platform Docs · Issue #71 · paulirish/w3fools". GitHub. Retrieved 2021-03-20 – via GitHub.
- "MDN Web Docs". MDN Web Docs. Retrieved 2021-03-20.
- Navara, Erika Doyle (2017-10-18). "Documenting the Web together". Microsoft Edge Blog. Retrieved 2021-03-20 – via Microsoft Edge Blog.
- Spivak, Ali (2017-10-18). "Mozilla brings Microsoft, Google, the W3C, Samsung together to create cross-browser documentation on MDN". The Mozilla Blog. Retrieved 2021-03-20 – via The Mozilla Blog.
- Visitsaktavorn, Chukkrit; Marinho, Brendo (2017-10-24). "Discontinued? - Issue #2 - webplatform/webplatform.github.io - GitHub". GitHub. Retrieved 2021-03-20 – via GitHub.
- "APIs · WebPlatform Docs". webplatform.github.io. Retrieved 2017-12-01.
- "The Web Platform: Browser technologies". platform.html5.org. Retrieved 2017-12-01.