Web Medica Acreditada
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2013)|
|Founder||Medical Association of Barcelona|
|Products||Quality Hallmark, Certification, Virtual Community, Semantic Web|
|Website||Web Mèdica Acreditada|
Web Medica Acreditada (Health-related content Websites Accreditation Programme) is an international quality and certification programme of health-related content websites that was launched in 1999 by the Medical Association of Barcelona (Spain).
Once the review of the web is made and if it adjusts to them criteria of quality, the seal of quality that certifies that such web has been revised and meets a series of criteria of quality is granted. WMA is based on the "Principios de Buena Práctica" created for this purpose for webs with medical information, adhering to the code of ethics of the Medical Associatiation of Barcelona and the quality criteria for websites of health of the European Union (eEurope).2
The general quality criteria are organized as follows:
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Control and validation
- Virtual consultation and second opinion
There is an index of Web sites that have earned the seal of quality in the WMA website and it has created the "WMA-Google search engine"  which allows you to search only among the accredited websites and a set of websites of health institutions, such as the Ministry of health, Social policy and equality of Spain and the World Health Organization (who).
- Web Mèdica Acreditada (WMA). (Homepage)
- Col·legi Oficial de Metges de Barcelona (Medical Associacion of Barcelona). (Homepage)
- Mayer MA, Leis A, Ruíz P. Creating a virtual community to improve the quality of health information on the Internet: ten years of experience. Proceedings of the 16th WONCA Europe Conference, Malaga (Spain) 6–9 October 2010, p. 62-3.
- WMA-Google search engine / / wma.comb.es/esp/googlewma.htm