The Webb Brothers
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2010)|
|The Webb Brothers|
|Origin||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
The Webb Brothers are Christiaan, Justin, and James Webb, sons of the songwriter Jimmy Webb and Patsy Sullivan, a cover girl and top model. They are grandsons of actor Barry Sullivan. Christiaan and Justin attended Boston University together before moving to Chicago. The band recorded a demo album called 'Beyond The Biosphere' with drummer Neal Ostrovsky, who also recorded and mixed the tracks, in 1998 and shopped it around to US record labels, but none expressed any interest.
However, the demo was picked up by London-based 7-inch only label Easy!Tiger. It released Excerpts From Beyond The Biosphere (track listing: "Cold Finger", "The Filth of it All" and "I'm Over and I Know It") in early 1999. The 1,000-strong pressing sold out immediately, and the band also came over to the UK to play some concerts.
Significant media attention followed and the band signed a recording contract with Warner Music, and Beyond The Biosphere was formally released on the major label in July 1999, and followed by Maroon on Atlantic Records in 2000. James then joined his brothers in 2003 for a self-titled release on 679 Recordings.
The Webb Brothers are now based in Los Angeles and have recorded several mini-projects, such as 'Music From The God Helmet'.
In 2009, The Webb Brothers teamed up with their father to form 'Jimmy Webb & The Webb Brothers', releasing the album Cottonwood Farm and touring the UK in November. Cornelius Webb plays bass for the band, on drums was Cal Campbell (son of Glen Campbell). Tim Walker provided pedal steel guitar.
The Webb Brothers commenced work on a new album in January 2010 which is now on hold while Christiaan completes work on his first solo record, 'A Man Possessed'.
- Excerpts from Beyond the Biosphere EP (Easy!Tiger Records, 1999)
- Beyond the Biosphere (Warner Music, 1999)
- Maroon (Atlantic Records, 2000) - #105 (UK)
- The Webb Brothers (679 Records, 2003)
- Odds & Ends (2005)
- Music from the God Helmet (2005)
- Cottonwood Farm by Jimmy Webb & The Webb Brothers (Proper Records, 2009)
- Christiaan Webb – vocals, keyboard
- Justin Webb – vocals, guitar
- James Webb – vocals, guitar, bass, keyboard
- Cornelius Webb – bass
- Cal Campbell – drums, vocals, guitars
- Neal Ostrovsky – drums (1998–2004)
- John San Juan - bass, keyboards, guitars (1998-2000)
- Webb Brothers at Allmusic.com