|• Total||2.1 sq mi (5.4 km2)|
|• Land||2.1 sq mi (5.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||817 ft (249 m)|
|• Density||190/sq mi (73/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Zip Code||78621, 78653|
|Website||Webberville Village Commission|
Comprising settlements dating back to 1827, Webber's Prairie was formally established by retired physician John Ferdinand Webber in 1839. Webber's Prairie was renamed Webberville in 1853, and was incorporated as a Village in February 2003.
In December 2011, the new Webberville Solar Farm began generating solar energy with Gemini Solar Development Company for Austin Energy. In 2009, the two companies signed a 25-year contract. The solar farm is expected to generate 30 megawatts annually which will provide electricity for about 5000 households.
Webberville is located at (30.226071, -97.499593). The CDP has a total area of 2.1 square miles (5.4 km2), all land.
The Del Valle Independent School District serves area students. Joseph Gilbert Elementary School serves the community. Students are also zoned to Dailey Middle School, and Del Valle High School.
- "Table 4: Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places in Texas, Listed Alphabetically: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2008" (CSV). United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2009-07-01. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- "Boundary Changes". Geographic Change Notes: Texas. Population Division, United States Census Bureau. 2006-05-19. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- Austin Business Journal. http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2011/12/19/largest-solar-farm-in-us-fires-up-in.html
- "Webberville, Texas :: Boundary Map of Webberville, Texas".
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "p448198787_8588.jpg" (Archive). Del Valle Independent School District. Retrieved on August 24, 2016.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP (INDEX): Webberville village, TX." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on August 24, 2016. See map listing
- "2014/15 Attendance Boundaries." Del Valle Independent School District. Retrieved on August 24, 2016.
- Village of Webberville
- Webberville Solar Farm
- Smyn, Vivian Elizabeth. "Webberville, Tx". TSHA Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association. Retrieved September 26, 2015.
|This article about a location in Travis County, Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|