|• Total||2.1 sq mi (5.4 km2)|
|• Land||2.1 sq mi (5.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||817 ft (249 m)|
|• Density||190/sq mi (73/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Website||Webberville Village Commission|
Comprising settlements dating back to 1827, Webber's Prairie was formally established by retired physician John Ferdinand Webber in 1839. Webber's Prairie was renamed Webberville in 1853, and was incorporated as a Village in February 2003.
In December 2011, the new Webberville Solar Farm began generating solar energy with Gemini Solar Development Company for Austin Energy. In 2009, the two companies signed a 25-year contract. The solar farm is expected to generate 30 megawatts annually which will provide electricity for about 5000 households.
Webberville is located at (30.226071, -97.499593). The CDP has a total area of 2.1 square miles (5.4 km2), all land.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
The Del Valle Independent School District serves area students. Joseph Gilbert Elementary School serves the community. Students are also zoned to Dailey Middle School, and Del Valle High School.
- "Table 4: Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places in Texas, Listed Alphabetically: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2008". United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2009-07-01. Archived from the original (CSV) on March 27, 2010. Retrieved 2009-07-08.
- "Boundary Changes". Geographic Change Notes: Texas. Population Division, United States Census Bureau. 2006-05-19. Archived from the original on 2006-02-06. Retrieved 2008-05-27.
- Austin Business Journal. http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2011/12/19/largest-solar-farm-in-us-fires-up-in.html
- "Webberville, Texas :: Boundary Map of Webberville, Texas".
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "p448198787_8588.jpg" (Archive). Del Valle Independent School District. Retrieved on August 24, 2016.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP (INDEX): Webberville village, TX." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on August 24, 2016. See map listing
- "2014/15 Attendance Boundaries." Del Valle Independent School District. Retrieved on August 24, 2016.
- Village of Webberville
- Webberville Solar Farm
- Smyn, Vivian Elizabeth. "Webberville, Tx". TSHA Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association. Retrieved September 26, 2015.
|This article about a location in Travis County, Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|