Webbie live in Macon, Georgia 2014
|Birth name||Webster Gradney, Jr.|
|Also known as||Young Savage & Webbie|
|Born||September 6, 1985|
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
|Origin||Baton Rouge, Louisiana|
|Occupation(s)||Rapper, actor, entrepreneur|
|Associated acts||Lil Boosie, UGK, Foxx, Lil Phat, Young Jeezy|
Webster Gradney, Jr. (born September 6, 1985) who performs under the mononym Webbie, is an American rapper, songwriter and actor from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He's been signed to the independent Trill Entertainment label since 2003. In 2005 he came into the hip hop scene with "Gimme That" featuring Bun B. His songs "Bad Bitch" and "Swerve" were featured on Gangsta Musik, his 2003 group album with Lil Boosie, and in the 2005 movie Hustle & Flow. Webbie's second album, Savage Life 2, was released in early 2008 with the hit single "Independent" featuring Lil Boosie and Lil Phat.
Webbie was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. His mother died when he was nine years old so his parental care was split between his father and grandmother. Ever since he was five years old, he had been writing rhymes, and throughout his childhood he had become an avid fan of hardcore rap artists including Southern hip hop performers Master P, Eightball & MJG, the Geto Boys, UGK Along With DjTrillReed (Second Cousin). .
Webbie first appeared on Lil Boosie's album For My Thugz on the track "Gotta Get It" in 2001. He and Lil Boosie released Ghetto Stories in 2003 and Gangsta Musik in 2004. As Webbie's solo track "Give Me That" featuring Bun B was frequently featured in mixtapes, as a label Trill Entertainment was growing in popularity & was signed for a distribution deal at Asylum Records along with (Webbie). After he was signed there, his major-label debut Savage Life was released in 2005, debuting at number eight on the US Billboard 200 chart.
Trill began a deal to sign Webbie to the subsidiary label Atlantic Records & was successful. Singles from his next album, Savage Life 2, include "Independent" featuring Boosie and Lil Phat. It is Webbie's most successful song to date,[when?] peaking at number nine on the Billboard Hot 100 and reaching the top of the Rap Songs chart. Webbie released his third studio album Savage Life 3 on November 15, 2011 under Trill Ent. The first single from the album was "What's Happenin'". The album has currently sold over 50,000 copies.
Webbie's fourth album Savage Life 4 is the fourth in the Savage Life album series. The first single from the album "What I Do" was released on April 16, 2013. The album was released on November 19, 2013.
He has made an independent biographical movie, Ghetto Stories in October 2010, with Lil Boosie, based on their lives and lyrical themes. He also appeared in the music film "Video Girl" which featured actress Meagan Good.
On the October 14, 2011 episode of BET’s 106 & Park, Webbie was banned from further appearances on the countdown show. Webbie appeared that day on the show as a guest judge for Freestyle Friday. The reason behind his ban was tied to allegations that he made sexually inappropriate comments to the show's hostess, Rocsi.
On September 13, 2012 Webbie was arrested in Baton Rouge on suspicion of robbery and battery. He was alleged to have kicked and pushed a woman down the stairs, proceeding to steal $340 from her purse.
- Studio albums
- 2005: Savage Life
- 2008: Savage Life 2
- 2011: Savage Life 3
- 2013: Savage Life 4
- 2016: Savage Life 5
- 2018 : Savage Life 6
- Collaboration albums
- 2003: Ghetto Stories (with Lil Boosie)
- 2003: Gangsta Musik (with Lil Boosie)
- 2007: Trill Entertainment Presents: Survival of the Fittest (with Foxx, Lil Boosie and Trill Fam)
- 2010: Trill Entertainment Presents: All or Nothing (with Foxx, Lil Boosie and Trill Fam)
- 2016: Trill Entertainment Presents: Trill Fam - Respect Is a Must (with Trill Fam) 
- TBA: Gangsta Musik 2 (with Lil Boosie)
- Gangsta Musik (2005)
- On The Grind (2006)
- Ghetto Stories: The Movie (2010)
- Video Girl (2013)
- Savage Life: The Movie (2014)
- "Webbie: Louisiana Savagery". Retrieved July 29, 2016.
- Jeffries, David (2005). "Webbie - Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 2008-04-19.
- "Webbie - Biography". Yahoo! Music. Atlantic Records. 2005. Retrieved 2008-04-19.
- Harris, Chris (2008-03-05). "Janet Jackson Teaches Jack Johnson Discipline, Claims Sixth #1 Debut". MTV News. Retrieved 2008-04-19.
- "What I Do [Explicit]: Webbie: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "iTunes - Music - Savage Life 4 (Deluxe Edition) by Webbie". Itunes.apple.com. 1985-09-06. Retrieved 2013-10-31.
- "Trill Fam - Survival of the Fittest". Asylum Records. 2007. Retrieved 2008-04-19.[dead link]
- "Rocsi Speaks Out About Webbie Ban".
- "Baton Rouge Rapper Charges Arrested on Suspicion of Robbery and Battery".
- "Trill Entertainment Presents: Trill Fam - Respect Is a Must by Various Artists". iTunes Store. Apple. June 26, 2016. Retrieved June 26, 2016.