Webcomics Nation was a webcomic hosting and automation service launched on July 29, 2005 by Joey Manley, publisher of the subscription webcomic site Modern Tales. It was a service designed for online cartoonists. Webcomics Nation was not a spinoff of Modern Tales like Graphic Smash, serializer, and girlamatic are. Webcomics Nation was conceived as an ad-supported site offering cartoonists unlimited web space for $7 a month,
Notable comics on Webcomics Nation included Shaenon K. Garrity's Narbonic, Eric Millikin's Eric Monster Millikin and Batton Lash's Supernatural Law. The website is no longer functioning, as Manley died in 2013.
- Modern Tales launches WebComicsNation.com press release from Joey Manley. Retrieved 2009 February 8.
- Walker, Leslie (June 16, 2005). "Comics Looking to Spread A Little Laughter on the Web". The Washington Post, p. D1.
- "The Comics Are Feeling The Pain Of Print". The New York Times, p. 3B.
- Boxer, Sarah (August 17, 2005). "Comics Escape a Paper Box, and Electronic Questions Pop Out". The New York Times, p. 1E.
- MacDonald, Heidi (December 19, 2005). "Web Comics: Page Clickers to Page Turners". Publishers Weekly, p. 24.
- Webcomics Nation at the Wayback Machine (archived 2015-05-07)
- Modern Tales at the Wayback Machine (archived 2012-10-07)
|This article related to webcomics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|