WebFinger is a protocol specified by the Internet Engineering Task Force IETF that allows for discovery of information about people and things identified by a URI. Information about a person might be discovered via an "acct:" URI, for example, which is a URI that looks like an email address.
- webfinger.net community site
- WebFinger information and open source software
- sabre/webfinger server implementation by sabre.io
- Jones, Paul E.; Salgueiro, Gonzalo; Jones, Michael B.; Smarr, Joseph (September 2013). "RFC 7033: WebFinger".
- OpenID Connect Discovery 1.0
- Welcome to OpenID Connect
- Evan Prodromou Speaks on the Future of StatusNet
- How Diaspora Connects Users
- remoteStorage protocol draft at the IETF website.
- Introducing WebFinger