Webster Central School District
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Webster Central School District|
|119 South Ave
Webster, NY 14580
Monroe County, New York
|Grades||Pre-K-12 and adult education|
|Schools||Seven elementary schools (K–5)
Two middle schools (6–8)
Two senior high schools (9–12)
|Budget||US$140.6 million (2011–2012)|
|Students and staff|
|Unions||NYSUT, Webster Teachers' Association|
The Webster Central School District is a public school district in New York State that serves approximately 8,800 students in the town and village of Webster and portions of Penfield in Monroe County and portions of Ontario and Walworth in Wayne County with about 1,350 employees and an operating budget of $140.6 million (~$15,964 per student).
The average class size is 20 for grades K–2, 21 for grades 3–5, and 26 for grades 6–8, and 25 for grades 9–12.
Carmen Gumina is the Superintendent of Schools.
The Board of Education (BOE) consists of 6 members who reside in the Webster School District. Members serve rotating 3-year terms. Elections are held each May for board members and to vote on the School District Budget.
Current board members are:
- Mike Suffoletto: President
- Sue Casey: Vice President
- Ann Carmody
- Linda Dioguardi
- Mike Dedee
- Tammy Gurowski
- Mike Gustin
|Wallace W. Rayfield||1934 – 1949|
|Lester B. Foreman||1950 –|
|Robert L. Thomas||– March 31, 1959|
|Herbert W. Schroeder||March 31, 1959 – 1969|
|Ross J. Willink||1969 – 1981|
|Daniel J. McGuire|
|K. Jack Syage|
|Lawrence Pereira||– July 1999|
|Thomas J. Strining||July 1999 – July 2006|
|Adele A. Bovard||July 2006 – ???|
|Carmen Gumina||??? – present|
- DeWitt Road Elementary School - DeWitt Road Elementary School, built in 1962, is a two-story elementary (K-5) school serving approximately 500 students. The school is across from the retired Bay Road School. The principal is Debra Reed.
- Klem North Elementary School - Klem North Elementary School, built in 1965, is a one-story elementary (K-5) building, across from Klem South Elementary School, that serves approximately 500 students. The principal is Steven LaMonica.
- Klem South Elementary School - Klem South Elementary School, built in 1971, is a one-story elementary (K-5) building, across from Klem North Elementary School, that serves approximately 500 students. The principal is Erin Land.
- Plank Road North Elementary School - Plank Road North Elementary School, built in 1968, is a one-story elementary (K-5) building composed of 3 wings, across from Plank Road South Elementary School, and serves approximately 500 students. The Principal is Craig Bodensteiner.
- Plank Road South Elementary School - Plank Road South Elementary School, built in 1970, is a one-story elementary (K-5) building, across from Plank Road North Elementary School, and serves approximately 500 students. The principal is Scott Wilcox.
- Schlegel Road Elementary School - Schlegel Road Elementary School, built in 1972, is a one-story elementary (K-5) building that offers 27 full-sized classrooms and serves approximately 500 students. The principal is Francine Leggett
- State Road Elementary School - State Road Elementary School, built in 1963, is a one-story elementary (K-5) building with two main wings that serve approximately 500 students. The principal is Christine Noeth-Abele.
- Willink Middle School - Willink Middle School, the district's newest school (built in 2001) is a 6-8 school serving approximately 1,000 students every day. The building is split up into three halls, or houses: Red, Green and Blue. The school offers state of the art cafeteria and gymnasium facilities. The principal is James Gindling.
- Spry Middle School - Spry Middle School, located in the Village of Webster, serves approximately 1,000 students in the district's oldest building, originally opened in 1928 as Webster High School. It is split up into three houses: Red, White and Blue. The principal is James Baehr.
- Webster Thomas High School, located down the road from Willink Middle School, is a 9-12 school that has served approximately 2,069 students every day since its opening in 1960. The school features an auditorium and more recently constructed sports facilities. The school team is the Thomas Titans. The principal is Glenn Widor.
- Webster Schroeder High School was constructed in 1968 and serves approximately 2,000 students each day. With a state-of-the-art brand-new Aquatics Center, it is the district's largest building. The school team is the Webster Warriors. The principal is Paul Benz.
- Facts and Figures on Monroe County School Districts, Brighton, New York: Monroe County School Boards Association, 2012, p. 38, OCLC 4891330
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Webster Central School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 2012-12-16.