Webster High School (Tulsa, Oklahoma)
|Daniel Webster High School|
|1919 West 40th Street, Tulsa, Oklahoma|
|Type||Public broadcasting and digital media magnet school|
|Number of students||
558 (per 2009-2010 OSSAA classification)
|Website||Daniel Webster High School|
Daniel Webster High School is a high school in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It is part of the Tulsa Public Schools, and is a public school for students from grades 9 through 12. The school opened in 1938 in the West Tulsa section of the city, and is housed in a PWA-style Art Deco building designed by architects Arthur M. Atkinson, John Duncan Forsyth, Raymond Kerr, and William H. Wolaver.
- Bob Ballinger - member of the Arkansas House of Representatives from Berryville, Arkansas
- Chris Benge - Speaker of the Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Dick Calmus - former major league baseball pitcher
- Carl Morton - former major league baseball pitcher
- Patti Page - singer, 2013 recipient of Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award
- Howard Rutledge (Class of 1946) - Vietnam POW for 7 1/2yrs; wrote book In the Presence of Mine Enemies
- Mitch Schauer - television producer and animator
- 2009-10 OSSAA A.D.M. for Classification Purposes at Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association website (retrieved March 4, 2010).
- Juanita Crawford Muga, "Clinton-Webster graduates had lots of class in 1938", Tulsa World, November 4, 1998.
- Cristina Dudley, "Webster alumni from 1938-1948 invited to a party", Tulsa World, August 31, 2005.
- Art Deco Buildings in Tulsa: Daniel Webster High School at Tulsa Preservation Commission website (accessed March 4, 2010).
- Tulsa Art Deco at Price Tower Arts Center website (accessed March 4, 2010).
- Andrea Eger, "Sullivan tours several TPS magnet schools", Tulsa World, April 13, 2009.
|This Oklahoma school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|