Webster Schroeder High School
|Webster Schroeder High School|
|875 Ridge Rd
Webster, New York, (Monroe County) 14580
|School type||Public school (government funded), high school|
|Status||Currently Operational |
|School district||Webster Central School District|
|NCES District ID||3630360|
|Superintendent||Carmen Gumina |
|NCES School ID||363036004087|
|Faculty||104.81 (on an FTE basis) |
|Enrollment||1510  (2011-2012 school year)|
|• Grade 9||376 |
|• Grade 10||365 |
|• Grade 11||361 |
|• Grade 12||396 |
|• Ungraded||12 |
|Student to teacher ratio||14.41 |
|Hours in school day||7 Hours|
Blue and Gold
Webster Schroeder High School is a public high school located in Webster, Monroe County, New York, U.S.A., a suburb of Rochester, and is one of two high schools operated by the Webster Central School District.
In Fall 1972, the school was split from the existing high school in the Webster Central School District. The first graduating class was in 1973. At that time the school mascot was the Schroeder Lion. In Fall 1984, the two high schools were reorganized as a junior and senior high school. In Fall 2002, they were again reorganized into two high schools, the other being Webster Thomas High School.
Webster Schroeder participates in many extracurricular activities. These activities include: Chess Club, College & Career Center Club, Drama Program, Explorer Post, Future Business Leaders of America, Future Educators of America, International Language Club, Key Club, Library Club, Link Crew, Marching Band, MasterMinds, Monroe County Math League, Model UN, National Honor Society, Photography Club, Rotary Interact, Science Olympiad, Ski Club, SparX Robotics, Speech and Debate, Student Council, Tri-M, and Yearbook Club.
The school's Science Olympiad team has existed since 2002 when it split from a joint team between Schroeder and Webster Thomas High School. Since then the team has participated in the state tournament multiple times, the highest award achieved was 6th place overall in New York state in 2004, 2014 and 2015.
- Johnny Palermo, Class of 2000, television actor
- Kate Lee Gurnow, Class of 2010, fiddler and singer, member of Grammy Award-winning group O'Connor Family Band
- Brian Bliss, former footballer for the US National Team
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Webster-Schroeder High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved December 25, 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Webster Central School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved December 25, 2012.
- "From the Superintendent." Webster Central School District. Web. 12 Jan. 2015. <http://www.websterschools.org/superintendent.cfm>.
- Potter, Craig (September 2010). "A Basketball Love Story: The O'Rourkes of Webster". Revolution Press. Retrieved January 17, 2013.
- Spevak, Jeff (11 February 2017). "Webster musician Kate Lee wins Grammy for Best Bluegrass Album". Democrat & Chronicle. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
|This New York (state) school–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|