Webster University Thailand
||The neutrality of this article is disputed. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|President||Elizabeth (Beth) J. Stroble |
|Location||Cha-Am, Bangkok, Thailand|
|Campus||Rural and urban|
|Colors||Navy, gold, and white|
Webster University in Thailand is an extended international location of Webster University from St. Louis, Missouri, USA. The American-based non-profit  University established its international campus in Thailand in 1999 with an undergraduate campus located near the resort town of Hua Hin in the district of Cha-Am, and additional graduate and undergraduate programs located in Bangkok, Thailand. The facility in Thailand is one of several international campuses associated with Webster University in St. Louis, Missouri, in the United States. University’s international campuses, study abroad opportunities, international programs, the Confucius Institute, and the Center for International Education are overseen by Grant Chapman, JD. The director of the campus in Thailand is Ratish Thakur.
The School of Business and Technology offers undergraduate degrees in:
- Business Administration (BS),
- Management (BA),
- Management (BA) with an emphasis in International Business,
- Management (BA) with an emphasis in Marketing,
- Management (BA) with an emphasis in Human Resources Management.
The School of Communications offers undergraduate degrees in:
- Media Communications (BA),
- Advertising & Marketing Communications (BA).
The College of Arts and Sciences offers undergraduate degrees in:
- International Relations (BA),
- Psychology (BA).
The university offers graduate programs for:
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA),
- Masters in International Relations (MAIR),
- Masters of Media Communications.
Bangkok Academic Center
In addition to the main campus in Cha-am, the university has offices and classroom facilities at the Bangkok Academic Center on the 4th Floor, EM Space of Empire Tower, Bangkok in Bangkok's business district Sathorn. Masters (MBA, MA International Relations and MA Media Communications) and Undergraduate programs available at the center include Computer Science (BS), Management (BA) with an emphasis in International Business, International Relations (BA), Animation (BA), and ESL (English as a Second Language).
The university hosts teaching faculty, research professors and adjunct professors from 15 countries covering five continents.
Webster University in Thailand is part of the Webster University worldwide network of international campuses, students enrolled at the campus in Thailand have the option to study at any of the Webster campuses including USA, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Netherlands, Austria, China and Ghana.
The university holds partnerships with universities worldwide including:
- Haute École de Bruxelles, through the Institut Supérieur de Traducteurs & Interprètes, Brussels, Belgium,
- Beijing Language and Culture University, China,
- Trier University (Universitat Trier), Germany,
- Webster-Florence at Kent State University-Florence, Italy,
- Obirin University, Tokyo, Japan,
- Kansai University, Osaka, Japan,
- International Horizons College (IHC), Dubai, UAE,
- The Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara, Mexico,
- Oviedo or Uviéu (in Asturian), Spain
Accreditation and awards
Webster University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, which covers the University campus in Thailand. In addition, the campus in Thailand is accredited locally by Office of the Higher Education Commission Thailand (CHE). Webster University's School of Business & Technology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP). In 2013, the Webster University Thailand campus was awarded the "Prime Minister's Business Excellence Award" and earned an "excellent" rating from Thailand's Office of National Education Standards and Quality Assessment.
- "Worldwide Webster". http://www.webster.edu/worldwide/asia.html. External link in
- "The Nation". http://www.nationmultimedia.com/smartlife/20060403/. External link in
- "Business Standard". http://www.business-standard.com/article/management/american-degree-from-thailand-106071901099_1.html. External link in
- "Education in Thailand - World Education News & Review". Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- http://www.webster.edu/worldwide/. Missing or empty
|title=(help); External link in
- "Director of International Programs". http://www.webster.edu/arts-and-sciences/graduate-programs/internationalrelations/chapman.html. External link in
- "Bangkok Post". http://www.bangkokpost.com/print/428622/. External link in
- "Grant Chapman, M.A., J.D.". http://www.siue.edu/linc/speakers/chapman_biosketch.shtml. External link in
- "Faculty". http://www.webster.ac.th/academics/faculty/. External link in
- "Wordwide network". http://www.iamexpat.nl/read-and-discuss/education/features/webster-university-netherlands-worldwide-network. External link in
- "Webster Wordwide". http://www.webster.edu/worldwide/. External link in
- "Global Higher Education". http://www.globalhighered.org/branchcampuses.php. External link in
- "Higher Learning Commission". https://www.ncahlc.org/component/directory/?Action=ShowBasic&Itemid=&instid=1474&lang=en. External link in
- "Study Abroad". http://www.webster.edu/study-abroad/. External link in
- "Office of the Higher Education Commission Thailand (CHE)". http://www.inter.mua.go.th/main2/page_detail.php?id=167. External link in