Webster University Thailand
The neutrality of this article is disputed. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|President||Elizabeth (Beth) J. Stroble |
|Location||Cha-am and Bangkok, Thailand|
|Campus||Rural and urban|
|Colors||Navy, gold, and white|
Webster University in Thailand (WUT) is an international location of Webster University from Webster Groves, Missouri, US. The US-based non-profit  university established its international campus in Thailand in 1999 with an undergraduate campus near the resort town of Hua Hin in the district of Cha-am, and additional graduate and undergraduate programs in Bangkok, Thailand. The facility in Thailand is one of several international campuses associated with Webster University. The university's international campuses are overseen by Dr Peter Maher. The director of the campus in Thailand is Dr Keith E. Welsh.
Webster University Thailand offers undergraduate degrees in:
- BA International Relations
- BA Management
- BA Management: Emphasis in Human Resources Management
- BA Management: Emphasis in International Business
- BA Management: Emphasis in Marketing
- BA Media Communications
- BA Psychology
- BS Business Administration
- BS Computer Science
- BS Accounting
The university offers following graduate programs:
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- MA International Relations
- MA Media Communications
Note: The MA Media Communications program has been discontinued due to low intake numbers.
Bangkok Academic Center
In addition to the main campus in Cha-am, the university has offices and classroom facilities at the Bangkok Academic Center on the 4th Floor, EM Space of Empire Tower in Bangkok's business district, Sathorn. Masters (MBA, MA International Relations and MA Media Communications) and undergraduate programs available at the Bangkok location include computer science (BS), management (BA) with an emphasis in international business and English as a second language (ESL).
The university hosts teaching faculty, research professors and adjunct professors from 15 countries covering five continents.
Webster University in Thailand is part of the Webster University worldwide network of international campuses, students enrolled at the campus in Thailand have the option to study at any of the Webster campuses including the US, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Netherlands, Austria, China, and Ghana.
The university has partnerships with universities worldwide including:
- Haute École de Bruxelles, through the Institut Supérieur de Traducteurs & Interprètes, Brussels, Belgium,
- Beijing Language and Culture University, China,
- Trier University (Universitat Trier), Germany,
- Webster-Florence at Kent State University-Florence, Italy,
- Obirin University, Tokyo, Japan,
- Kansai University, Osaka, Japan,
- International Horizons College (IHC), Dubai, UAE,
- The Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara, Mexico,
- Oviedo or Uviéu (in Asturian), Spain
Accreditation and awards
Webster University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, which covers the university campus in Thailand. In addition, the campus in Thailand is accredited locally by Office of the Higher Education Commission Thailand (CHE). Webster University's School of Business and Technology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP). In 2013, the Webster University Thailand campus was awarded the "Prime Minister's Business Excellence Award" and earned an "excellent" rating from Thailand's Office of National Education Standards and Quality Assessment.
- "Worldwide Webster".
- "The Nation".
- "Business Standard".
- "Education in Thailand - World Education News & Review". Retrieved 10 February 2015.
- "Worldwide Webster".
- Maher, Peter. "Interim Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, International Campuses and Initiatives". Provost's Council.
- "Bangkok Post".
- "Grant Chapman, M.A., J.D."
- "Keith E. Welsh Named Interim Director of Webster University Thailand".
- "Programs | Webster University Thailand". www.webster.ac.th. Retrieved 2016-08-16.
- "Graduate Academics | Webster University Thailand". Retrieved 2016-08-16.
- "Academics | Webster University Thailand". www.webster.ac.th. Retrieved 2016-08-16.
- "Worldwide network".
- "Webster Worldwide".
- "Global Higher Education".
- "Higher Learning Commission".
- "Study Abroad".
- "Office of the Higher Education Commission Thailand (CHE)".