Wedderborg in 2013
Huis te Wedde
The Wedderborg (Dutch pronunciation: [ˌʋɛdərˈbɔrx]; Borough of Wedde) is a borg, a type of castle in Groningen, in the village of Wedde in the Netherlands. The building has 14th, 15th, and 16th-century elements and is currently used as a hotel and restaurant.
The Wedderborg is located at the Hoofdweg in the village Wedde in the municipality Bellingwedde in the east of the province Groningen near the Dutch–German border. It is situated on the bank of the river Westerwoldse Aa in the north of the region Westerwolde.
The first building was built shortly after 1362 by Egge Addinga.
The borg is currently used as a hotel and restaurant.
- (in Dutch) Ronald Stenvert et al., Wedde (gemeente Bellingwedde), Monumenten in Nederland. Groningen, 1998. Retrieved on 24 January 2014.
- (in Dutch) Burch Wedde, Stichting De Burcht Wedde. Retrieved on 24 January 2014.
- (in Dutch) Monumentnummer: 8925, Rijksdienst voor het Cultureel Erfgoed, 2013. Retrieved on 24 January 2014.
- (in Dutch) Ronald Stenvert et al., Wedde (gemeente Bellingwedde), Monumenten in Nederland. Groningen. Retrieved on 26 January 2014.
|Dutch Rijksmonument 8925|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wedderborg.|
- (in Dutch) Stichting De Burcht Wedde
|This article about a castle in the Netherlands is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|