Wedding Bells (Jonas Brothers song)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Song by Jonas Brothers from the album LiVe|
|Released||November 27th, 2013|
|Genre||Pop rock, soft rock|
|Label||Jonas Enterprises, Universal Music Group |
|Writer(s)||Nick Jonas |
|Producer(s)||Nick Jonas |
Background and composition
A 23 second sample of "Wedding Bells" by Jonas Brothers, where a portion of the chorus is heard.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
"Wedding Bells" made direct references to Nick's ex-girlfriend Miley Cyrus, to which Cyrus acknowledged, stating that she felt that it was blatant that the song was about her however that she didn't mind being alluded to in the song. In "Wedding Bells", one of the lyrics are "'Cause if you recall our anniversary falls 11 nights into June", referencing to the date (June 11, 2006); of which Nick and Miley met, which Cyrus revealed in her 2009 autobiography Miles to Go, where she refers to Nick as "Prince Charming" but does not say his name outright.
During the concert in New York Nick spoke about the song before he started singing it. Nick told the crowd, "You have to write a song and apologize for it later... I don't know that I've ever written a song that makes me as uncomfortable as this song does... and although it's not the way I feel at this moment in time, hopefully this gives you a glimpse into what that experience was like for me."  In January he released a picture of the sheet music on his instagram.
On October 18, 2012, Miley Cyrus spoke about the song with Ryan Seacrest. When asked if she thought the song was about her, she responded, “I don’t know who else is getting married…so I feel like that’s pretty blatant, it’s whatever.”
“Like I said, everyone has to write songs that are about things that they felt and he even introduced that this isn’t the way that I am,” she continued. “So, you can’t ever hate on someone for writing about something you’ve been through. I think that you kind of get a fair warning when you date an artist and someone that’s a writer. When you’re going through things that you’re going to end up hearing about it on the radio.” 
The song was performed live for the first time on October 11 at the Radio City Music Hall in New York during the reunion concert of the Jonas Brothers. It was performed during the Asia, European and North American legs of the 2012/2013 World Tour. The song was also performed during Jingle Ball on December 1, 2012. The song was also performed during the Festival Internacional de la Canción de Viña del Mar. After that the song was taken off the main setlist during the South American dates of the tour. It was performed again on February 22. after that it as re-added to the main setlist of the tour. They performed the song again on June 1 during the Acapulco Festival in Mexico. During the first concert on July 10, they performed the song Wedding Bells again.
Credits for Wedding Bells:
- Nick Jonas - Lead Vocals, Writer, Keyboards, Programming, Producer 
- Joe Jonas - Background vocals
- Kevin Jonas II - Guitar, background vocals
- Blake, Emily (2012-10-19). "On 'Wedding Bells,' Nick Jonas Takes Cues From Taylor Swift's Playbook - Music, Celebrity, Artist News". MTV.com. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- "Press Release: Jonas Bros' Pom Poms". JonasWorld.org. March 26, 2013.
- "Miley Cyrus Thinks New Jonas Brothers Tune Is About Her | News | Music News". Noise11. 2012-10-19. Retrieved 2013-01-03.
- Alicia Adejobi (2012-10-29). "Nick Jonas Admits 'Wedding Bells' Song Is About Ex Miley Cyrus!". Entertainmentwise. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- Michaels, Wendy (2012-10-12). "Jonas Brothers 'Wedding Bells' Lyrics: Nick Jonas Sings About Miley Cyrus". Cambio. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- "@nickjonas | Strings". Webstagram. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- Rebecca Macatee (2012-10-18). "Miley Cyrus: Jonas Brothers' Wedding Bells Is About Me, It's Pretty Blatant, It's Whatever |". Uk.eonline.com. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- Billy Nilles (2012-10-22). "Miley Cyrus On Nick Jonas' Song — 'Wedding Bells' Blatantly About Me". Hollywood Life. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- Vena, Jocelyn (2012-10-18). "Miley Cyrus On Nick Jonas' 'Wedding Bells': 'Pretty Blatant' It's About Me". MTV.com. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- "Set List For Jonas Brothers Concert At Radio...". Livelovelaughtdream.tumblr.com. 2012-10-11. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- "LA Pantages #1 Set List". JonasWorld.Org. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- "LA Pantages #2 Set List". JonasWorld.Org. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- "LA Pantages #3 – Set List". JonasWorld.Org. 2012-11-29. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- "PHOTOS: 2012 – 2012 102.7 KIIS-FM Jingle Ball – 12/1". Nick J Online. 2012-12-01. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- "Chile and Russia performances confirmed!". JonasWorld.Org. 2012-09-07. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- "Concert Update: Vina del Mar festival". JonasWorld.Org. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- "Concert Update/Setlist: Mexico City, Mexico". JonasWorld.Org. Retrieved 2013-04-12.
- Dory Larrabee (2013-01-11). "Nick Jonas Recording Song He Wrote About Miley Cyrus". Hollywood Life. Retrieved 2013-04-12.