Wedding dress of Camilla Parker Bowles
For her wedding with Prince Charles on 9 April 2005 at Windsor Guildhall, Camilla Parker Bowles's wedding dress was a cream silk chiffon dress hemmed with vertical rows of Swiss-made appliqued woven disks, and a matching oyster silk basket weave coat. She completed the outfit with pale beige suede shoes with almond-colored toes designed by L.K.Bennett, a Philip Treacy wide-brimmed cream-coloured straw hat overlaid with ivory French lace and feathers, and a purse made from embossed calf leather with a half flap closing and suede lining, from Launer’s “East/West” collection. Work on the outfit began on 21 February 2005, and the final fitting was made on 5 April.
For the blessing afterward, she wore a floor-length embroidered pale blue and gold coat over a matching chiffon gown and a dramatic spray of golden feathers in her hair. Both ensembles were by Antonia Robinson and Anna Valentine, London designers who worked under the name Robinson Valentine, now solely called Anna Valentine. They reportedly wanted a “crisp clean look with subtle detailing” for the dress.
- "Charles and Camilla wed at Windsor Guidhall". Hello Magazine. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding: 10 facts about the royal occasion". Hello magazine. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Fashionistas praise Camilla style". BBC. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- "Parker Bowles, elegant yet feminine for wedding". MSNBC. Retrieved 10 May 2011.
- "The Wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles". About.com. Retrieved 19 June 2015.