|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||4|
|Executive producer(s)||Cameo Wallace
|Running time||42 minutes
|Production company(s)||Braverman Productions|
|Original network||Discovery Channel|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original release||December 1– December 22, 2011|
Weed Wars is an American reality-documentary television series that documents a popular medical marijuana dispensary, Harborside Health Center, in Oakland, California. The series premiered on the Discovery Channel on December 1, 2011. The series has since been cancelled.
In regards to their intentions by allowing their business to be documented for television, Steve DeAngelo has said, "We wanted to be a model to other dispensaries, most of [which] have a media phobia. We wanted to tell our story and we gave Discovery complete access so that people could make up their own minds... There are a lot of stereotypes about who comes to these dispensaries, but viewers will see our customers cover a huge cross-section of the population – age, race and economic classes. They will also see how Harborside treats cannabis as a medicine, and we have a high standard of medical care."
The series is mainly focused on the employees of the marijuana dispensary and the day-to-day aspects of running the business. It also chronicles the various customers to the store, as well as both large-scale growers and smaller, patient cannabis growers who are allowed to grow a limited number of plants.
|Season||Episodes||Season Premiere||Season Finale|
|1||4||December 1, 2011||December 22, 2011|
Season 1 (2011)
|No.||Title||Original air date||U.S. viewers
|1||"World's Largest Medical Marijuana Dispensary"||December 1, 2011||1.359|
|2||"Federal Crackdown"||December 8, 2011||0.979|
|3||"Harborside's Employee Betrayal"||December 15, 2011||1.044|
|4||"Harborside's Alternative 4/20 Celebration"||December 22, 2011||1.328|
- Schwartz, Carly (November 30, 2011). "'Weed Wars,' Reality Show About Medical Marijuana In Oakland, Premieres December 1". The Huffington Post. Retrieved December 17, 2011.
- "Discovery Cancels 'Weed Wars'". Retrieved January 19, 2013.
- McKay, Hollie (December 8, 2011). "'Weed Wars' Goes Inside Medical Marijuana Dispensary". Fox News. Retrieved December 17, 2011.
- Seitz, Matt (December 1, 2011). "On "Weed Wars," drug clichés go up in smoke". Salon.com. Retrieved December 17, 2011.
- Hinckley, David (November 24, 2011). "Discovery’s new marijuana show ‘Weed Wars’ looks at what happens after the legalization war". New York Daily News. Retrieved December 17, 2011.
- "] Thursday's Cable Ratings: Eagles/Seahawks Keep NFL Network in Front". The Futon Critic. Retrieved January 19, 2013.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings: Steelers/Browns Leads; 'Burn Notice' Slips + 'It's Always Sunny,' 'The League,' 'Beyond Scared Straight' & More". zap2it. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings: Jaguars/Falcons Top Night + 'Burn Notice' Season Finale, 'It's Always Sunny,' 'The League,' 'Beyond Scared Straight' & More". zap2it. Retrieved January 19, 2013.
- "Thursday Cable Ratings: Texans/Colts Top Night + 'The League,' 'Weed Wars' Finales, 'Beyond Scared Straight' & More". zap2it. Retrieved January 19, 2013.