Weekly Playboy, November 16, 2009, with the cover person Nozomi Sasaki
|Circulation||195,834 (December 2015)|
|First issue||November 15, 1966|
Weekly Playboy (Japanese: 週刊プレイボーイ Hepburn: Shūkan Pureibōi?) also known as Shūpure (週プレ?) or WPB is a Japanese weekly magazine published by Shueisha since 1966. Although the magazine publishes a variety of news and special interest articles, columns, celebrity interviews, and comics, it is considered an adult magazine. The target demographic is heterosexual men, and each issue features several nude pictorials of female models.
This magazine is not a regional edition of the American Playboy magazine; the Japanese edition of that magazine was published as Monthly Playboy (MPB) by Shueisha until its cancellation in January 2009.
People in WPB
- Saki Aibu
- Yui Aragaki
- Reiko Chiba
- Leah Dizon
- Risa Machi (Miss Shūpure 2006)
- Akina Minami
- Aki Hoshino
- Sayaka Isoyama
- Nozomi Sasaki (model)
- Mayuko Iwasa
- Yukie Kawamura
- Yumi Kobayashi
- Ayaka Komatsu
- Yoko Matsugane
- Yuko Ogura
- Saaya Irie
- Ai Takabe (Miss Shūpure 2005)
- Erika Toda
- Erina Yamaguchi
- Misako Yasuda
- Agnes Lum
Manga in WPB
- Circuit no Ōkami II: Modena no Tsurugi by Satoshi Ikezawa
- Lady Snowblood (修羅雪姫) by Kazuo Koike and Kazuo Kamimura
- Modena no Ken (モデナの剣) by Satoshi Ikezawa
- My Favorite Carrera (彼女のカレラ) by Kia Asamiya
- Ore no Sora (俺の空) by Hiroshi Motomiya
- Polo Shirt and Upper Cut by Norifusa Mita
- Taiyō no Makibaō by Tsunomaru (ongoing)
- Ultimate Muscle by Yudetamago
- "JMPA Magazine Data (October 2015 - December 2015)". Japan Magazine Publishers Association. Retrieved 7 May 2016.
- "Shueisha Shōshi". Shueisha. Retrieved 26 May 2007.
- Weekly Playboy Online
- "雑誌 (Magazines)". tisen.jp (in Japanese). Retrieved 26 September 2011. (Lists appearances in Weekly Playboy from 1966-2011.
|This article about an anime or manga magazine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.