Weightlifting at the 2012 Summer Olympics – Women's 58 kg
|Women's 58 kg
at the Games of the XXX Olympiad
|Competitors||19 from 17 nations|
|Weightlifting at the
2012 Summer Olympics
|56 kg||48 kg|
|62 kg||53 kg|
|69 kg||58 kg|
|77 kg||63 kg|
|85 kg||69 kg|
|94 kg||75 kg|
|105 kg||+75 kg|
Total score was the sum of the lifter's best result in each of the snatch and the clean and jerk, with three lifts allowed for each lift. In case of a tie, the lighter lifter won; if still tied, the lifter who took the fewest attempts to achieve the total score won. Lifters without a valid snatch score did not perform the clean and jerk.
On 13 July 2016, IOC announced that Yuliya Kalina of Ukraine was disqualified from the 2012 Summer Olympics and ordered to return the bronze medal from this event. Reanalysis of Kalina's samples from London 2012 resulted in a positive test for the prohibited substance dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (turinabol). The positions were adjusted accordingly.
|30 July 2012||12:30||Group B|
Prior to this competition, the existing world and Olympic records were as follows.
|World Record||Snatch||Chen Yanqing (CHN)||111 kg||Doha, Qatar||3 December 2006|
|Clean & Jerk||Qiu Hongmei (CHN)||141 kg||Tai'an, China||23 April 2007|
|Total||Chen Yanqing (CHN)||251 kg||Doha, Qatar||3 December 2006|
|Olympic Record||Snatch||Chen Yanqing (CHN)||107 kg||Athens, Greece||16 August 2004|
|Clean & Jerk||Chen Yanqing (CHN)||138 kg||Beijing, China||11 August 2008|
|Total||Chen Yanqing (CHN)||244 kg||Beijing, China||11 August 2008|
|Rank||Athlete||Group||Body weight||Snatch (kg)||Clean & Jerk (kg)||Total|
|Li Xueying (CHN)||A||57.98||105||108||108||133||138||138||246|
|Pimsiri Sirikaew (THA)||A||57.76||100||100||131||136||136||236|
|Rattikan Gulnoi (THA)||A||57.71||100||100||130||134||134||234|
|4||Jong Chun-mi (PRK)||A||57.63||101||101||130||130||231|
|5||Nastassia Novikava (BLR)||A||57.94||103||103||127||127||230|
|6||Kuo Hsing-chun (TPE)||A||56.95||99||99||129||129||228|
|7||Alexandra Escobar (ECU)||B||57.48||100||103||103||123||123||226|
|8||Jackelina Heredia (COL)||A||57.86||98||100||100||125||125||225|
|9||Romela Begaj (ALB)||A||57.94||101||101||115||115||216|
|10||Zoe Smith (GBR)||B||57.97||90||90||116||121||121||211|
|11||Christin Ulrich (GER)||B||57.40||88||91||93||93||110||114||114||207|
|12||Yang Eun-hye (KOR)||B||57.93||83||87||87||108||113||113||200|
|13||Bediha Tunadağı (TUR)||B||57.34||84||87||87||103||107||107||194|
|14||Annie Moniqui (CAN)||B||57.91||85||85||105||105||190|
|15||Jenly Tegu Wini (SOL)||B||57.43||65||65||90||93||95||95||160|
|—||Hidilyn Diaz (PHI)||B||57.70||92||97||97||—||—|
|—||Lina Rivas (COL)||A||57.73||100||103||103||—||—|
|DQ||Yuliya Kalina (UKR)||A||57.60||101||104||106||—||123||127||129||—||—|
|DQ||Boyanka Kostova (AZE)||A||56.93||100||103||105||—||124||128||—||—|
- Yuliya Kalina of Ukraine originally finished third, but was disqualified after she tested positive for dehydrochlormethyltestosterone.
- Boyanka Kostova of Azerbaijan originally finished fifth, but was disqualified after she tested positive for dehydrochloromethyltestosterone and stanozolol.
|Snatch||108 kg||Li Xueying (CHN)||OR|
|Total||246 kg||Li Xueying (CHN)||OR|
- "Weightlifting – Schedule & Results". london2012.com. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- "Format competition – Weightlifting". london2012.com. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- "IOC sanctions Ukrainian weightlifter Yulia Kalina for failing anti-doping test at London 2012". International Olympic Committee. 13 July 2016. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- "Results by Events". IWF. July 2016.
- "IOC sanctions seven athletes for failing anti-doping tests at Beijing 2008 and London2012". International Olympic Committee. 25 Nov 2016. Retrieved 2016-12-08.