Weis (frozen foods company)
Weis is an Australian brand, owned by Unilever that produces frozen ice confectionery and frozen fruit desserts. They are most well known for their bar shaped fruit ice creams known as Weis Bars. They are sold at most Australian milk bars and supermarkets and in boxes of eight mini bars or four regular-sized bars at most supermarkets. The Weis manufacturing plant is located in Toowoomba, Queensland with the sales and marketing office in Toowong, Queensland.
The original Weis Fruito Bar was developed by Les Weis in 1957 and was sold from his own corner store in Toowoomba. The Weis Fruito Bar contains pineapple, banana and passion fruit. The most popular bar is the Mango and Cream which launched in 1959.
In January 2016, Weis planned a successful push into the Chinese market. The Toowoomba company has exported Weis bars to Japan for more than 20 years and close to 30 per cent of its business is now outside Australia.
- "Family Widens Exports". Couriermail.com.au. Retrieved 2016-08-22.
- "QLD Signatures - Participants - Weis Frozen Foods". Banksiapacific.com. Retrieved 2016-08-22.
- "About". www.weis.com.au. Retrieved 2017-11-04.
- "Weis looks to lick Chinese market into shape". Thechronicle.com.au. 2016-01-11. Retrieved 2016-08-22.
- "Weis Family Sells Iconic Ice Cream Business". thechronicle.com.au. Retrieved 2017-08-11.
- Bligh, Anna (10 June 2009). "PREMIER UNVEILS QUEENSLAND'S 150 ICONS". Queensland Government. Archived from the original on 24 May 2017. Retrieved 24 May 2017.
|This food and/or confectionery corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|