This article needs to be updated.(September 2015)
A medical halogen penlight to observe Pupillary light reflex manufactured by Welch Allyn
|Markets||Medical devices, Electronic health record Accreditation|
|Ambassador(s)||Alton Shader, CEO|
Welch Allyn, Inc. was founded in 1915 and is an American manufacturer of medical diagnosis devices, patient monitoring systems, and miniature precision lamps. Headquartered in Skaneateles Falls, New York, Welch Allyn employs more than 2,750 people and has manufacturing, sales, and distribution facilities located throughout the world.
A fourth generation family-owned business headquartered fewer than ten miles from where it was founded in 1915, Welch Allyn was based primarily in the United States and family-owned until its acquisition in 2015. Currently, the company has two fourth generation family members involved as executives helping to manage day-to-day operations, and three fourth generation family members serving on the board of directors.
Welch Allyn manufactures several products in LEED Certified buildings which often meet requirements outlined by the EMC, CSA and other accreditation authorities prior to distribution. Their product line includes the following devices:
- "Welch Allyn Company History". Skaneateles, New York: Welch Allyn. 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-28.
- "Hill_Rom to acquire WelchAllyn in $2 billion deal". Retrieved 2017-08-24.
- "Board of Directors". Skaneateles, New York: Welch Allyn. 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-28.
- "Fortune 100 Best". BEST COMPANIES LISTS. San Francisco, California: Great Place to Work Institute, Inc. 2003. Retrieved 2011-04-28.
- "Hill-Rom completes $2 billion purchase of Skaneateles-based Welch Allyn". syracuse.com. Retrieved 2017-08-24.