Welcome Back Gandhi
|Welcome Back Gandhi|
|Directed by||A. Balakrishnan|
|Produced by||Ramana Communications|
|Written by||A. Balakrishnan|
V. S. Raghavan
|Cinematography||J.Mohan , Subu|
|Edited by||V P Vijayan|
|Distributed by||Ramana Communications|
|Language||Tamil and Hindi|
Mudhalvar Mahatma (also known as Welcome Back Gandhi) is a 2014 film directed by A.Balakrishnan. The film, released on 30 January 2014 in India, stars S.Kanagaraj as Mohandas Gandhi. The movie's music was written by Ilaiyaraaja, with lyrics by Bharat Acharya, and the movie's plot explores how Gandhi might react if he was still alive and visited modern day India. An eight song soundtrack is set to be released shortly after the film's debut.
After a 60 year absence, Gandhi (S. Kanagaraj) returns to India to resume his Satyagraha Movement. While there, he must deal with the various social, economical and political issues that exist within the country.
- S. Kanagaraj as Mahatma Gandhi
- Anupam Kher as the Chief Minister of a State in India
- Manvi gagroo
- V. S. Raghavan
- Krishnammal Jagannathan
The Hindu gave a positive review for Welcome Back Gandhi, commenting that "It's a noble, valiant effort that needs to be seen and promoted just so that another filmmaker is encouraged to invest in a film as honest as this, one that will invoke and appeal to the patriot in you, despite its idealistic failings."
- "Anna Hazare watches film on Gandhi". The Hindu. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Tamil film 'Welcome Back Gandhi' launched". Indian Television. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Anna ‘Welcome(s) Back Gandhi’". New Indian Express. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Reliving the Mahatma". TNIE. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "Shotcuts: Big plans". The Hindu. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
- "A Welcome Effort". The Hindu. Retrieved 24 January 2014.
|This article about a Hindi film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|