Welcome Home (Coheed and Cambria song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Single by Coheed and Cambria|
|from the album Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness|
|Released||September 20, 2005|
4:29 (radio edit)
|Label||Columbia, Equal Vision|
|Producer(s)||Michael Birnbaum, Chris Bittner, Coheed and Cambria|
|Coheed and Cambria singles chronology|
"Welcome Home" is a song by progressive rock band Coheed and Cambria, released on September 20, 2005 through Columbia Records. It is the third track on the album, Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness. The song was the first single on the album and was made into a music video. The song tells of the hostility in The Writer and Miss Erica Court's relationship in The Amory Wars, according to bandleader Claudio Sanchez. It reached #24 on the Mainstream Rock chart. A 7" version backed by a live-version of "The Crowing" and sold with the album.
The song was featured as a playable track in the game Rock Band, as well as the soundtrack of the Xbox 360 version of Madden NFL 06. It was also the official theme of the re-branded version of NXT between June 2012 and February 2014.
|1.||"Welcome Home" (album version)||6:15|
|2.||"Welcome Home" (radio edit)||4:29|
Inclusion in Rock Band
In 2007, this song was included in the Harmonix music video game Rock Band, exposing Coheed and Cambria to a considerably wider audience. However, the words "whore" and "fucking" were edited to "wolf" and "mucking" respectively. The conclusion of the song was also edited, replacing the fade-out and the strings with a short guitar solo as the player earns the ending bonus points.
|US Alternative Songs (Billboard)||36|
|US Mainstream Rock Songs (Billboard)||24|
- "Live Review: Coheed and Cambria at Chicago's Congress Theater (2/9)". 10 February 2013. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- "Coheed And Cambria - Welcome Home". Discogs. Retrieved 2016-02-15.
- "Coheed and Cambria "Welcome Home" live". Vimeo. Retrieved 2016-02-15.
- "Coheed and Cambria - Chart history | Billboard". www.billboard.com. Retrieved 2016-02-15.
- Anderson, Kyle (November 2007). "Even Better Than The Real Thing". Spin. Spin Media: 105–110.
- "Coheed and Cambria Ready for Rock Band," IGN, 10-10-2007. Accessed 12-23-2007.