Welcome to Hoxford
|Welcome To Hoxford|
|Publication date||September 2008 - Present|
|Number of issues||4|
The series focuses on a group of prisoners battling against werewolves in a privately run prison.
The first issue was released on August 27 of 2008 by IDW Publishing.
Ray Delgado, a delusional murderer, and a handful of other dangerous death row prisoners are transferred from the state run prison system to the Hoxford, a privatized correctional institution owned by the Russian based Usmanov Corporation. Dr. Jessica Ainley arrives at the prison to try and follow up on some of her old patients but her attempts are blocked by the Hoxford staff and her concerns for the prisoner’s well-being are ignored. As the new prisoners settle in, conflict arises and after a bloody incident in the showers the inmates are put under lock down. Dr. Ainley keeps trying to gain access to her old patients, and after a shocking encounter with Ray she is locked in the Warden's office with a strange old man who sheds some light on the Usmanov Corporation, until nightfall when he and the entire prison staff transform into werewolves and begin hunting the prisoners. Ray, believing that as Cronos Lord of the Titans he must battle the monsters, leads the escaped prisoners to the prison armory where they stock up on weapons and then begin to fight back.
Human characters include:
- Ray Delgado: Murderer, Delusional inmate with numerous Mental Health issues.
- Morton: Pedophile and Murderer.
- Burly Bill: Rapist and Murderer.
- Skunty: Necrophiliac and Murderer.
- Gravy: Cannibal and Murderer.
- Jones: Cop Killer and Torturer.
- Doctor Jessica Ainley: Psychiatrist.
- Warden Baker: Hoxford Institution warden and werewolf leader.
- Hartnell: prison guard.
- Old man: Original leader of the wolves, usurped by Baker; the other wolves are unaware of the change.
Jason Flemyng - Ray
Arben Bajraktaraj - Warden Gordon Baker
Dexter Fletcher - Morton
Scott Thrun - Young Ray
Mickael Troudi - The Beast
Elly Fairmann - The Rat/Ray's mother voice
Eric Fantone - Bus Driver
- Ben Templesmith (w), Ben Templesmith (p). Welcome To Hoxford 1 1 (August 2008), IDW Publishing
- Ben Templesmith (w), Ben Templesmith (p). Welcome To Hoxford 2 (September 2008), IDW Publishing
- Ben Templesmith (w), Ben Templesmith (p). Welcome To Hoxford 3 (October 2008), IDW Publishing