Welcome to Marwen
|Welcome to Marwen|
|Directed by||Robert Zemeckis|
|Screenplay by||Caroline Thompson|
|Music by||Alan Silvestri|
|Cinematography||C. Kim Miles|
|Edited by||Jeremiah O'Driscoll|
Welcome to Marwen is an upcoming American drama film co-written by Robert Zemeckis and Caroline Thompson and directed by Zemeckis. It is inspired by Jeff Malmberg's 2010 documentary Marwencol. The film stars Steve Carell, Leslie Mann, Diane Kruger, Merritt Wever, Janelle Monáe, Eiza González, Gwendoline Christie, Leslie Zemeckis, and Neil Jackson. The film will be released by Universal Pictures on December 21, 2018.
- Steve Carell as Mark Hogancamp, a friend of Roberta, Caralala, and Julie. Anna is his caretaker and Suzette is his favorite actor.
- Leslie Mann as Nicol, Kurt's ex-girlfriend and a woman who moves in across the street from Mark.
- Merritt Wever as Roberta, a kind friend of Mark, who works at the toy shop where he buys all the models and toy figurines he uses to build Marwencol.
- Janelle Monáe as GI Julie, a friend Mark makes while in rehab.
- Eiza González as Caralala, Mark's friend who works at the bar where he goes a couple times a week to help out.
- Gwendoline Christie as Anna, Mark's Russian caretaker.
- Leslie Zemeckis as Suzette, Mark's favorite actress and a resident of Marwen.
- Neil Jackson as Kurt, Nicol's ex-boyfriend, rough and poorly mannered guy.
- Matt O'Leary as Benz.
- Diane Kruger as Deja Thoris, the Belgian Witch of the fictional Marwencol.
- Falk Hentschel as Hauptsturmführer Ludwig Topf, Deja Thoris' henchman.
- Stefanie von Pfetten as Wendy.
- Siobhan Williams as Elsa.
On April 28, 2017, it was announced that Robert Zemeckis would next direct an untitled fantasy drama film that would star Steve Carell. On May 19, 2017, it was announced that Leslie Mann and Janelle Monáe had joined the cast. On May 23, 2017, Eiza González joined the cast. In June 2017, it was reported that Diane Kruger had joined the cast to portray the villain  while Gwendoline Christie also joined the cast. In July 2017, Merritt Wever and Neil Jackson joined the cast of the film. On August 6, 2017, the studio hired a German actor Falk Hentschel to play the role of a villain, as Hauptsturmführer Ludwig Topf, a Nazi captain to a squad of SS Storm Troopers who terrify the people of Belgium. On August 21, 2017, the director's wife, Leslie Zemeckis, was cast in the film for an unspecified role.
In June 2018, the film was officially titled Welcome to Marwen.
- "Film releases". Variety Insight. Archived from the original on 2018-09-03. Retrieved 2018-09-03.
- "'Welcome to Marwen' Trailer Tells an Artist's Story — Part of It Anyway". Retrieved 2 October 2018.
- Perez, Lexy (June 20, 2018). "'Welcome to Marwen' Trailer: Steve Carell Stars in Robert Zemeckis' Heroic Drama". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
- N'Duka, Amanda (April 28, 2017). "Untitled Robert Zemeckis Project Starring Steve Carell Eyes Thanksgiving 2018 Release". Deadline. Retrieved April 29, 2017.
- Kroll, Justin (May 19, 2017). "Leslie Mann, Janelle Monae Join Steve Carell in Robert Zemeckis' Next Film (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- Kit, Borys (May 23, 2017). "'Baby Driver' Actress Eiza Gonzalez Joins Steve Carell in Robert Zemeckis Drama (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- Kit, Borys (June 16, 2017). "Diane Kruger Joins Steve Carell in Robert Zemeckis Drama (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- McNary, Dave (June 28, 2017). "Gwendoline Christie Joins Steve Carell in Robert Zemeckis' Drama". Variety. Retrieved June 28, 2017.
- Sneider, Jeff (July 7, 2017). "Nurse Jackie Alum Merritt Wever Joins Steve Carell In Robert Zemeckis Next Movie". The Tracking Board. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- N'Duka, Amanda (July 31, 2017). "Universal's Untitled Robert Zemeckis Project Adds Neil Jackson". Deadline. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- Galuppo, Mia (August 6, 2017). "Robert Zemeckis' Universal Drama Casts a Villain". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- Team, The Deadline (August 21, 2017). "Leslie Zemeckis Joins Untitled Robert Zemeckis Project Based On Docu 'Marwencol'". Deadline. Retrieved August 22, 2017.
- Mirchandani, Amar (August 1, 2017). "21 Movies Filming in Vancouver This August - 604 Now". 604 Now. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- Mirchandani, Amar (August 4, 2017). "9+ Hollywood Stars You Can Catch Around Vancouver This August". 604 Now. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- Marc, Christopher (June 25, 2017). "Robert Zemeckis' Next Film Shoots August–October In Vancouver". Ome Gaunderground. Retrieved July 12, 2017.
- McNary, Dave (13 June 2018). "Film News Roundup: Laverne Cox Boards 'Disclosure: Trans Lives on Screen' Documentary". Retrieved 2 October 2018.