|Full name||Weligton Robson Pena Oliveira|
|Date of birth||26 August 1979|
|Place of birth||Fernandópolis, Brazil|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2007–2008||→ Málaga (loan)||38||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 May 2016.
Born in Fernandópolis, São Paulo, Weligton started his professional career with Paraná Clube at the age of already 23, joining Portugal's F.C. Penafiel on 13 August 2003 with the club in the second division. After helping it achieve promotion to the Primeira Liga, he was an automatic first-choice for a further two seasons, with relegation befalling in 2006.
Subsequently, Weligton signed with Grasshopper Club Zürich. After just one season in Switzerland, he was loaned to Spanish second level side Málaga CF, and was an essential defensive unit in another career promotion, only missing four league games out of 42; on 18 June 2008, the move was made permanent as he penned a four-year deal, and he scored his first goal for the Andalusians on 17 May of the following year against Sporting de Gijón, in a 1–2 away loss.
An undisputed starter again in 2009–10, Weligton suffered a serious ankle injury on 14 March 2010 in a 0–1 loss at UD Almería, going on to miss the rest of the campaign. He made his 100th league appearance for the club on 16 October, alongside teammate Apoño, in a 1–4 home defeat against Real Madrid.
After the summer signing of Joris Mathijsen, Weligton found himself more often than not as a substitute. His first league appearance in 2011–12 was on 11 December 2011, in a 1−1 home draw against CA Osasuna; on 15 May 2012, he renewed his contract for a further year.
In the 2013 pre-season, Weligton broke his collarbone in a friendly with Aston Villa after a shoulder barge from opposing player Christian Benteke. He was sidelined for several weeks, and on 8 October he agreed to a further two-year extension to keep him at the La Rosaleda Stadium until June 2015.
- "Relatório de transferências internacionais" [International transfers report] (in Portuguese). Brazilian FA. 10 December 2004.
- "El Málaga llega a un acuerdo con el central brasileño Weligton, del Grasshopper suizo" [Málaga reaches agreement with Brazilian stopper Weligton, from Switzerland's Grasshopper] (in Spanish). Diario Sur. 21 June 2007. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "Sporting Gijon 2−1 Málaga". ESPN Soccernet. 17 May 2009. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- "Weligton se pierde lo que queda de temporada" [Weligton loses remainder of season] (in Spanish). Marca. 15 March 2010. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- "Apoño y Weligton cumplirán ante el Real Madrid su partido número 100 con el Málaga" [Apoño and Weligton to play 100th game with Málaga against Real Madrid] (in Spanish). Europa Press. 14 October 2010. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- "Weligton o Mathijsen" [Weligton or Mathijsen] (in Spanish). El Desmarque. 7 December 2011. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "Weligton: ´El club me ofrece un año y tengo ofertas de tres años´" [Weligton: ´The club offers me one year and I have three-year offers´] (in Spanish). La Opinión de Málaga. 7 March 2012. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "Crónica del Málaga-Osasuna, 1−1" [Málaga-Osasuna match report, 1−1] (in Spanish). Europa Press. 11 December 2011. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "Weligton y Gámez amplían sus contratos con el Málaga" [Weligton and Gámez extend their contracts with Málaga] (in Spanish). Diario AS. 16 May 2012. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- "Aston Villa 3–2 Málaga: Weligton cae lesionado en la derrota en Villa Park" [Aston Villa 3–2 Málaga: Weligton falls to injury in Villa Park defeat] (in Spanish). Goal.com. 10 August 2013. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- "Weligton se fractura una clavícula y será baja varias semanas" [Weligton fractures clavicle and will miss several weeks] (in Spanish). Mundo Deportivo. 10 August 2013. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- "Weligton extends his contract with Málaga CF until 2014/15". Málaga CF. 8 October 2013. Retrieved 8 October 2013.