Jump to navigation Jump to search
The present disambiguation page holds the title of a primary topic, and an article needs to be written about it. It is believed to qualify as a broad-concept article. It may be written directly at this page or drafted elsewhere and then moved over here. Related titles should be described in Well, while unrelated titles should be moved to Well (disambiguation).
|Look up Well or well in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Well may refer to:
Used for resource extraction
- Water well, an artificial excavation, hole or structure for the purpose of withdrawing water
- Castle well, providing a protected source of drinking water
- Salt well, or brine well, used to mine salt
- Well drainage of agricultural land by pumped wells
- Oil well, a hole drilled through the Earth's surface for the purpose of extracting petroleum oil
- Air well (condenser), a structure or device designed to promote the condensation of atmospheric moisture
- Clootie well, a place of pilgrimage in Celtic areas
- Holy well, often pagan sacred sites that were later Christianized
- Jacob's Well, of religious significance in the West Bank
- Lightwell, in architecture, an unroofed space designed to allow sunlight to reach interior areas
- Wishing well, a term from European folklore
In the arts
- Well..., 1994 album by Katey Sagal
- ...Well?, 1991 album by Swell
- "Well", song by Little Richard from his 1967 album The Explosive Little Richard
- "Well", song by Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band from their 1969 album Trout Mask Replica
- "Well...," song by Frankie Goes to Hollywood from their 1984 album Welcome to the Pleasuredome
- "Well", song by The Olympics
Other uses in the arts
In science and technology
- Gravity well or gravitational, a conceptual model of the gravitational field surrounding a body in space
- Potential well, a concept used in physics related to kinetic energy
- Quantum well, a potential well with only discrete energy values
- A single well of a microtiter plate, used in chemistry and biochemistry
- The condition of having a high level of well-being or health.
- The WELL, originally Whole Earth 'Lectronic Link, a virtual community
- "The Well", a nickname for the Scottish football team Motherwell F.C.
- The well of the court, part of the courtroom in some countries
- Well drink, a name for a type of alcoholic beverage
- Well Pharmacy, a British pharmacy chain.
- "Well,..." a catchphrase often used by former U.S. President Ronald Reagan
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Well.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.