|Type||Privately held subsidiary|
|Predecessor||Old Mother Hubbard,|
Eagle Pack Pet Foods, Inc.
|Founded||1926 (Old Mother Hubbard)|
1970 (Eagle Pack Pet Foods)
1997 (Wellness Pet Food)
2008 (WellPet LLC)
|United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia & Indonesia|
|Products||Natural dog & cat food & treats|
Number of employees
WellPet LLC is a pet food company formed by the combination of Wellness Natural Pet Food, Holistic Select Natural Pet Food, Eagle Pack Natural Pet Food and Old Mother Hubbard Natural Dog Snacks, purchased by Berwind Corporation. WellPet is headquartered outside of Boston, in Tewksbury, Massachusetts. The slogan currently used by WellPet is ‘Your pet’s wellbeing is at the heart of all we do, that’s why we do whatever it takes to make the healthiest natural products for the pets that depend on us.’
Old Mother Hubbard
Old Mother Hubbard was founded in 1926, as an offshoot of the A. Hubbard and Sons Bakery in Gloucester, Massachusetts, making small dog biscuits. In 1961, the company was purchased by Jim Scott, a professional in animal nutrition, and moved to Lowell, Massachusetts. In the 1990s, Jim Scott Jr., then CEO of the company, worked with a team of animal nutrition experts to develop the Wellness brand dog and cat foods, which went on the market in 1999 and 2000, respectively. Old Mother Hubbard became a member of the WellPet family of brands in 2009.
Wellness Pet Food
Wellness Pet Food was launched in 1997 by a team of animal nutrition experts, veterinarians and food scientists. Wellness recipes for dogs were introduced in 1997 and Wellness cat recipes were added to the line in 2000. By 2004, Wellness Pet Food became the leading natural pet food in independent pet specialty retailers. Wellness is part of the WellPet brands. In addition to the United States and Canada, Wellness Pet Food is currently available in the following countries: United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia & Indonesia.
Eagle Pack started in 1970, producing their Hy-Ration brand dog food. In 2000, the Eagle Pack Holistic Select line was launched. Eagle Pack has sponsored “The Last Grace Race on Earth”, an Iditarod Trail event. All Eagle Pack recipes are made in the United States and their own manufacturing facility.
In October 2007 Eagle Pack was sold to Berwind Corporation for an undisclosed amount. In August 2008 Wellness/Old Mother Hubbard was sold to Berwind  for $400 Million, generating a 7x profit on Catterton's initial investment. Between 2008 and 2009, Eagle and OMH were merged into a single entity, Wellpet LLC.
In January 2016, Sojo's was sold to Berwind Corporation for an undisclosed amount.
- "Our Brands - Wellness - WellPet". www.wellpet.com.
- "Talk To Us - WellPet". www.wellpet.com.
- "Our Philosophy - WellPet". www.wellpet.com.
- "Make Every Mealtime Count™ - Wellness Pet Food". www.wellnesspetfood.com.
- "Our History - WellPet". www.wellpet.com.
- "Discover Holistic Select". www.holisticselect.com.
- "The SP Kennel Dog Log: Eagle Pack Pet Food and the Iditarod". spkenneldoglog.blogspot.com.
- "Eagle Pack - Natural Pet Food - About Us". www.eaglepack.com.
- "Berwind Corporation Mergers and Acquisitions - AlacraStore.com".
- [dead link]
- "An interview with Tim Callahan, CEO, WellPet".
- "legacy of eagle dog food - GREATDANELADY.COM". www.greatdanelady.com.
- "WellPet Welcomes Sojos Raw Pet Food and Treats to Family of Premium Pet Food Brands". www.wellpet.com.