Weller Township, Richland County, Ohio
|Weller Township, Richland County, Ohio|
Location of Weller Township (red) in Richland County, next to the city of Mansfield (yellow).
|• Total||24.7 sq mi (63.9 km2)|
|• Land||24.6 sq mi (63.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,037 ft (316 m)|
|• Density||70.5/sq mi (27.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086889|
Weller Township is one of the eighteen townships of Richland County, Ohio, United States. It is a part of the Mansfield Metropolitan Statistical Area. The 2000 census found 1,736 people in the township.
Located in the northeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Butler Township - north
- Clear Creek Township, Ashland County - northeast corner
- Milton Township, Ashland County - east
- Mifflin Township - southeast
- Madison Township - southwest
- Franklin Township - west
- Blooming Grove Township - northwest corner
Name and history
It is the only Weller Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Richland County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.