Tom (footballer, born 1985)
|Full name||Wellington Brito da Silva|
|Date of birth||23 July 1985|
|Place of birth||Aruja, São Paulo, Brazil|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2014||→ Litex Lovech (loan)||13||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 August 2018|
In November 2006, Tom joined Litex Lovech from Portuguesa Londrinense. He made his A PFG debut on 3 March 2007 in the 3–1 win away to Spartak Varna. His first two goals for the club came in the 7–1 home win over Belasitsa Petrich on 12 May.
Tom began the 2007–08 season in fine form for Litex, scoring in a 1–1 draw against CSKA Sofia on the opening day of the season at the Lovech Stadium on 11 August. In December 2007 Tom was named the Litex Player of the Year by fans, beating Mihail Venkov and Ivelin Popov to the award. In March 2008 he received a Bulgarian passport and he announced his intention to play for the Bulgarian national football team. On 14 May 2008, Tom gave the assist to Stanislav Manolev against Cherno More Varna in the 2008 Bulgarian Cup Final which was the winning goal, as Litex won it 1–0.
On 26 October 2008, Tom scored his first league goal of the 2008–09 season, netting Litex's first against Lokomotiv Plovdiv in a 3–1 away win. His second goal came in the 2–1 home win over Lokomotiv Mezdra on 2 November. Two weeks later, he scored his third goal in the 2–0 win over Sliven 2000. Tom netted his first goal of 2009 as he scored Litex's fоurth in a 5–1 home victory over Botev Plovdiv on 4 April.
On 27 July 2010 in a 1–1 home draw against Žilina in the third qualifying round of the 2010–11 Champions League, Tom netted his first goal of the season and his first-ever European goal. On 11 August he assisted Wilfried Niflore for Litex's winning goal in a 2–1 win over Beroe Stara Zagora in the match for the 2010 Bulgarian Supercup. On 29 August Tom scored his first league goal of the season in a 2–0 home victory over Akademik Sofia. On 16 April 2011, Tom dislocated his shoulder in a 1–0 win over Chernomorets Burgas and was out to the end of the season.
He returned in the first match of the following campaign on 12 July against Mogren Budva in the second qualifying round of the 2011–12 Champions League. Tom netted Litex's only and his first goal of the season in their loss in the third qualifying round of the Champions League, a 2–1 defeat against Wisła Kraków on 26 July.
On 6 December 2011, Tom joined Turkish Süper Lig side İstanbul Başakşehir for an undisclosed fee. On 7 January 2012, he made his debut, playing the first 55 minutes in a 0–2 home loss against Trabzonspor in the Turkish Süper Lig match. He netted for the first time on 11 January, which turned out to be an extra time winning goal against Adanaspor in a Turkish Cup match.
- "TRANSFERĘNCIAS INTERNACIONAIS". cbf.com.br. Archived from the original on 20 April 2010. Retrieved 27 July 2011.
- "Том играч номер едно на Литекс за 2007 година" (in Bulgarian). topsport.bg. Retrieved 31 December 2007.
- "Том и Сандриньо с български паспорти" (in Bulgarian). sportal.bg. Retrieved 11 March 2008.
- "Wellington denies Žilina victory". uefa.com. Retrieved 27 July 2010.
- "Litex Lovech won Bulgarian Supercup". bfunion.bg. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- "Том с извадено рамо" (in Bulgarian). gong.bg. Retrieved 16 April 2011.
- "Wisła gain the upper hand against Litex". uefa.com. Retrieved 26 July 2011.
- "Литекс продаде и Том в Истанбул" (in Bulgarian). gong.bg. Retrieved 6 December 2011.
- "İstanbul BB vs. Trabzonspor 0 - 2". soccerway.com. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- "Adanaspor vs. İstanbul BB 1 - 2". soccerway.com. Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- Tom at Soccerway