|Elevation||751 ft (229 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||445669|
Wellsboro was laid out in 1875 at the junction of two railroads. It was named for its founders, Charles F. and Theodore H. Wells. Wellsboro (originally spelled Wellsborough) contained a post office from 1877 until 1955.
Wellsboro is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- History of La Porte County, Indiana: Together with Sketches of Its Cities, Villages, and Townships. C. C. Chapman & Co. 1880. p. 811.
- Daniels, E. D. (1904). A twentieth century history and biographical record of La Porte County, Indiana. Lewis Publishing Co. p. 106.
- "LaPorte County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
|This LaPorte County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|