Wellwood is a small village to the north of Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland. It was named after the Wellwoods who used to own coalmines in the area. It has a leisure centre and a golf course (Canmore). It is nearby the Town Loch and also is partially bordered by Queen Anne High School. It was formerly known as Hawkiesfauld.
Wellwood is an old coal mining village. The coal pits in the village were active throughout the nineteenth century and into twentieth.
- Ordnance Survey: Landranger map sheet 65 Falkirk & Linlithgow (Dunfermline) (Map). Ordnance Survey. 2012. ISBN 9780319229705.
- Gittings, B.M. "The Gazetteer for Scotland: Wellwood (Fife)". www.scottish-places.info. Retrieved 11 April 2016.
- Dennison, Patricia; Stronach, Simon (2007). Historic Dunfermline. Dunfermline Heritage Community Projects. p. 62. ISBN 978-0-9557244-0-4.
- "Fife school closures: parents storm out in fury". thecourier.co.uk. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- "Wellwood Primary School Consultation". fifedirect.org.uk. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- "McLean Primary School". fifedirect.org.uk. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wellwood, Fife.|