This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Niles worked on such radio shows as The Charlotte Greenwood Show, Hedda Hopper's Hollywood, The Adventures of Philip Marlowe, The Man Called X, The Bob Hope Show, The Burns & Allen Show, The Milton Berle Show and The Chase and Sanborn Hour. On February 15, 1950, Wendell starred in the radio pilot for The Adventures of the Scarlet Cloak along with Gerald Mohr.
Wendell Niles was the announcer for TV's "America's Show Of Surprises"... It Could Be You, and for the Hatos-Hall production Your First Impression. Niles was also the original announcer for Let's Make a Deal during that show's first season in 1963 and 1964; he was later replaced by Jay Stewart.
Niles and his brother, Ken, are the first brothers to have stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Knute Rockne, All American (1940)
- The Hitch-Hiker (1953)
- Beyond a Reasonable Doubt (1956)
- Hollywood or Bust (1956)
- Obituary in The New York Times, March 31, 1994. Retrieved on May 3, 2008.
- Obituary in Variety, March 30, 1994. Retrieved on May 3, 2008.
- Brady, David E. (March 31, 1994). "Wendell Niles, Veteran of Radio and TV, Dies". The Los Angeles Times. California, Los Angeles. p. B 5. Retrieved 16 August 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- Golden, Luther (March 18, 1968). "Familiar Voice To Play Golf". The Pensacola News. Florida, Pensacola. p. 11. Retrieved 16 August 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- West, Virginia (November 4, 1945). "KECA mike memos" (PDF). Radio Life. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Dunning, John (1998). On the Air: The Encyclopedia of Old-Time Radio (Revised ed.). New York, NY: Oxford University Press. p. 12. ISBN 978-0-19-507678-3. Retrieved 2019-10-16.
The Adventures of Philip Marlowe, detective drama.
- Wilk, Ralph (January 2, 1948). "Los Angeles" (PDF). Radio Daily. Archived from the original (PDF) on November 27, 2014. Retrieved 12 January 2015.
|This United States biographical article related to radio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|