Rodricks at the launch of his book Poskem: Goans In The Shadows in Mumbai in 2017
Wendell Rodricks is an Indian fashion designer based in the western Indian region of Goa. He has been listed among one Americas top ten designers. He is also an activist for social causes, the environment, and gay rights, being himself a homosexual. In 2014, Government of India conferred upon him its fourth-highest civilian award, the Padma Shri.
Rodricks was born into a Goan catholic family. He grew up in Mumbai and attended St. Michael's High School in Mahim. After completing school, he took a graduate diploma in catering. However, he did not pursue that profession but moved to fashion designing.
Wendell Rodricks is openly gay in a country where same-sex fornication is prohibited by law. He is married to Jerome Marrel in a civil ceremony in Paris. He met Marrel in Oman, in 1988, thanks to a friend, who set them up. Rodricks credits Marrel for his success as a fashion designer, in his biography, The Green Room. 
Rodricks has written a column in the Goa-based monthly Goa Today, where he has often raised issues of social concerns and the environment. Outlook magazine  commented that Wendell Rodricks Turns Into Environmental Activist. He has also spoken out against the IRFW (India Resort Fashion Week) as it "damages the environment". 
- "Who are the Top 10 Fashion Designers of India?". MapsofIndia. Retrieved 28 April 2015.
- "10 Best Fashion Designers of India". Pahal Design.
- Interview promoting The Green Room
- "Padma Shri to Wendell Rodricks would help LGBT Community in India". IANS. Biharprabha News. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Sita Menon (18 July 2003). "Fashion is not important: Wendell Rodricks". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2008-12-13.
- "Wendell Rodricks: Profile", Fashion Design Council of India, 2007, retrieved 17 March 2010
- Sathya, Saran (13 November 2012). "He's quite an activist: Jerome Marrel on his partner, Wendell Rodricks". Firstpost. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "Wendell Rodricks Turns Into Environmental Activist".
- "I'm against IRFW, it damages environment: Wendell Rodricks".
- "Padma Awards Announced". Press Information Bureau, Ministry of Home Affairs. 25 January 2014. Retrieved 2014-01-26.