|Movement||Animal rescue, LGBT rights/bisexual rights|
|Awards||Brenda Howard Memorial Award|
Career and civil rights work
She was the President of BiNet USA, an American national bisexual civil rights organization, a position she assumed in 2006. Previously she had served as the organization's Secretary and Vice-President. In 2009, Curry was the recipient of the Brenda Howard Memorial Award presented by the Queens Chapter of PFLAG.
In 1999, Curry along with fellow U.S. bisexual rights activists Michael Page of Florida and Gigi Raven Wilbur from Texas started the observation of Celebrate Bisexuality Day. To quote Curry, "We were sitting around at one of the annual bi conventions, venting and someone, I think it was Gigi said we should have a party. We all loved the great bisexual, Freddie Mercury. His birthday was in September, so why not Sept? We wanted a weekend day to ensure the most people would do something. Gigi's birthday was Sept 23rd. It fell on a weekend day, so poof! We had a day." This event has grown in popularity and now a wide variety of annual celebrations take place on September 23 throughout Canada, the United States, Europe, and Australia.
She is employed as a software engineer.
- Bisexual Politics: Clear and Simple
- About BiNet USA
- Beyond Same-Sex Marriage: A New Strategic Vision For All Our Families and Relationships Archived September 26, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Gustafson, Anna Queens PFLAG to honor three in February January 1, 2009 Astoria Times
- "BiNet USA".
- Jama's Travelin' Medicine Show
- BiNet USA Main Website
- North East All Retriever Rescue (NEARR) Main Website
- Wendy Curry: BiNet USA article in feministing published 4 August 2007