|Education||Art Center College of Design|
|Known for||Illustration, Comics journalism|
Wendy MacNaughton is an artist, illustrator and graphic journalist based in San Francisco. Her art has appeared in The New York Times, NPR, Juxtapoz, GOOD, Time Out NY, 7x7, and Gizmodo. She has created magazine cover images for 7x7 and Edible SF. She is a staff illustrator for Longshot Magazine and her monthly illustrated documentary project "Meanwhile," is published in The Rumpus.
Wendy MacNaughton grew up in Marin County, California. After earning a BFA from Art Center College of Design in 1999, MacNaughton worked as a copywriter and designed a campaign for the first democratic local election in Rwanda in 2000. She left advertising after her return to the United States, taking a Masters in International Social Welfare from Columbia University in 2005. She has worked on other campaigns in Africa and produced a film in The Democratic Republic of Congo.
- "Pen & Ink, Tattoos and The Stories Behind Them", (illustrator; Isaac Fitzgerald, editor), 2014, Bloomsbury
- "Meanwhile in San Francisco, The City in its Own Words", 2014, Chronicle Books
- Lost Cat: A True Story of Love, Desperation, and GPS Technology (illustrator; Caroline Paul, author), 2013, Bloomsbury, ISBN 9781608199778
- The Essential Scratch & Sniff Guide to Becoming a Wine Expert (illustrator; Richard Betts, author), 2013, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, ISBN 978-0544005037
- 2011: Awesome Foundation Grant
- 2011: Outstanding Service Alumni Award, Art Center College of Design
- Spielberg, Greg T. (14 January 2011). "Gizmodo taps illustrators to give stories more punch, pop, pow!". Nieman Journalism Lab.
- Jennifer, Pollock (28 June 2010). "Q&A With July Cover Artist, Wendy MacNaughton". 7x7.
- Bowles, Nellie (13 May 2011). "Wendy MacNaughton's 'Meanwhile' eyes S.F. library". San Francisco Chronicle.
- ""Design for Democracy" African Style". Design-Altruism-Project. 3 July 2006. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- "Wendy MacNaughton". In The Make. June 2012. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- "Talking Process and Projects with Wendy MacNaughton". The Awesome Foundation. 27 October 2011. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- Amatullo, Mariana (11 January 2012). "Ducere/To Lead". Designmatters. Art Center College of Design. Retrieved 25 March 2013.