Wendy Vera Flores
Wendy Vera in 2014
Ecuadorian National Assembly
|Assumed office |
14 May 2017
|Born||5 October 1977|
Wendy Very Flores (born 5 October 1977) is an Ecuadorian composer, songwriter, record producer, and politician. She is most known for having formed the tecnocumbia group Chicas Dulces and for being a judge on Ecuador's Got Talent. Currently, she is a member of the National Assembly of Ecuador.
Wendy Veras was born in Guayaquil on 5 October 1977. From childhood, she showed an interest in music and art, learning to play the piano. Though her family wanted Veras to study a different vocation with better potential for financial security, she joined tecnocumbia group Caña Dulce when she was 17. While in her third year of law school in 1999, Veras formed Las Chicas Dulces, with Lila Flores as its vocalist and Veras its manager. Veras contracted Hodgkin's lymphoma, so she suspended her studies and sought chemotherapy in Solca, Romania. She stopped managing Las Dulces Chicas and though her health improved, the group dissolved.
In 2005, Veras was hired by the Ventura Music Group company Alejandro Jaén, since merged with Sony Music, to compose music for television. In 2011, she composed Miento to be performed by Angélica Vale for a webnovela on Univision, in Mexico. She has also composed music for Lorena Rojas and Julio Iglesias Jr., and was nominated for Billboard magazine's prize for regional music.
- "Wendy Vera y Amparo Flores: Más que madre e hija... ¡cómplices!". Diario Extra (in Spanish). 5 January 2011. Archived from the original on 20 August 2013. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- "Wendy Vera Cantautora". Télérama (in Spanish). 19 November 2009. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- "Wendy Vera, la creadora de 'Mostro de amor'". El Universo (in Spanish). 17 November 2007. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- "Wendy Vera pasó fin de año en Finlandia". Diario Extra (in Spanish). 9 January 2011. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- "Angélica Vale cantará tema de ecuatoriana". Diario Extra (in Spanish). 17 May 2011. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- "MUESTRA SU NUEVA FACETA". Diario Expreso (in Spanish). 30 March 2012. Archived from the original on 29 November 2015. Retrieved 20 August 2013.