Wendy Wilson at Saban Theatre, Beverly Hills, on May 4, 2013
October 16, 1969 |
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Singer, television personality|
|Spouse(s)||Daniel Knutson (2002–present; 4 children)|
|Relatives||Carnie Wilson (sister)|
Wendy Wilson (born October 16, 1969) is an American singer and television personality and member of the pop singing trio Wilson Phillips. She is the daughter of Beach Boys founder Brian Wilson and his first wife Marilyn, who was a member of girl group The Honeys, and she is the younger sister of Carnie Wilson.
Wilson was born in Los Angeles. She co-founded Wilson Phillips with Carnie and childhood friend Chynna Phillips when they were in their teens. Wilson Phillips released two albums in 1990 and 1992 before splitting up. Wendy and Carnie released a Christmas album together in 1993, and an album called The Wilsons in 1997, with their formerly estranged father, Brian.
In 2004, Wendy reunited with Carnie and Phillips for a third Wilson Phillips album entitled California. In 2012, the reunited Wilson Phillips released the album, Dedicated, which comprised covers of songs by The Beach Boys and The Mamas and Papas. In June 2012, Wendy joined her sister Carnie and other members of The Beach Boys' families to form the vocal group, California Saga, which performed at the intermission during the homecoming Hollywood Bowl show of The Beach Boys' 50th anniversary tour.
Wilson married record producer/sound engineer Daniel Knutson on May 24, 2002, in the rose garden of The Ritz-Carlton in Marina Del Rey. They have four sons: Leo Evan Knutson (b. September 14, 2003), Beau Alexander Knutson (b. September 23, 2004), and twins, Will Hunter and Jesse Miles Knutson (b. August 17, 2007).
In February 2008, Wilson appeared in an episode of the American reality television program, Supernanny. Her sister Carnie and her niece Lola Bonfiglio also made an appearance in the episode. In April 2008, Wilson appeared in an episode of the Tyra Banks show, Amazing Moms.
On January 7, 2010, Wilson appeared with her sisters, their mother Marilyn, and their husbands on a special edition of The Newlywed Game.
In 2012, Wilson Phillips created a reality television show called: Wilson Phillips; Still Holding On. The show premièred on TV Guide.
- 1990: Wilson Phillips – Wilson Phillips
- 1991: Wilson Phillips – Two Rooms (Elton John tribute album): song "Daniel"
- 1992: Wilson Phillips – Shadows and Light
- 1993: Wendy & Carnie Wilson – Hey Santa!
- 1993: Wendy Wilson VA "Home" (Children's songs): her song "Jennifer"
- 1997: The Wilsons – The Wilsons
- 1998: Wilson Phillips – The Best of Wilson Phillips
- 1998: Wendy & Carnie Wilson in Various Artists Love Shouldn't Hurt
- 2000: Wilson Phillips – Greatest Hits (Capitol Records)
- 2002: Wendy & Carnie Wilson in Al Jardine Family and Friends – Live in Las Vegas
- 2004: Wilson Phillips – California
- 2005: Wilson Phillips – The Best of Wilson Phillips (same as 1998 release)
- 2007: Wendy & Carnie Wilson VA A Song for My Father : song "Warmth of the Sun"
- 2007: Wendy Wilson – Wendy Dance Album
- 2010: Wilson Phillips – Christmas in Harmony
- 2012: Wilson Phillips – Dedicated
- “” (February 20, 2008). "February 2008 episode". Youtube. Retrieved 2010-09-29.