|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Land||926 km2 (358 sq mi)|
|• Water||1,079 km2 (417 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
|License Plate Prefix||浙J|
Wenling (Wenling dialect: Ueng-ling Zy [ʔuəŋ ʔliŋ zɿ]; simplified Chinese: 温岭市; traditional Chinese: 溫嶺市; pinyin: Wēnlǐng Shì) is a coastal county-level city in the municipal region of Taizhou, in southeastern Zhejiang province, China. It borders Luqiao and Huangyan to the north, Yuhuan to the south, Yueqing to the west, looks out to the East China Sea to the east. Wenling locates on 28°22'N, 121°21'E, approximately 300 km (190 mi) south of Shanghai.
Because of its geographical location, Wenling has long suffered from typhoons. On August 12, 2004, Typhoon Rananim, the sixth strongest typhoon in PRC history, landed in Shitang Town, Wenling. On 10 August 2019, Typhoon Lekima, the third strongest in PRC history, came ashore at Chengnan Town, Wenling.
- Taiping Subdistrict (Tha-bing Ka-dau)太平街道
- Chengdong Subdistrict (Zhing-tung Ka-dau)城東街道
- Chengxi Subdistrict (Zhing-shi Ka-dau)城西街道
- Chengbei Subdistrict (Zhing-puk Ka-dau)城北街道
- Hengfeng Subdistrict (Wang-fung Ka-dau)橫峰街道
- Daxi Town (Da-khi Cing)大溪鎮
- Zeguo Town (Dzak-kuk Cing)澤國鎮
- Xinhe Town (Shing-ghou Cing)新河鎮
- Ruoheng Town (Niak-wong Cing)箬橫鎮
- Songmen Town (Shiung-meng Cing)松門鎮
- Wenqiao Town (Ueng-giau Cing)溫嶠鎮
- Wugen Town (U-keng Cing)塢根鎮
- Chengnan Town (Zhing-nae Cing)城南鎮
- Shiqiaotou Town (Zhik-giau-deu Cing)石橋頭鎮
- Binhai Town (Ping-he Cing)濱海鎮
- Shitang Town (Zhik-dong Cing)石塘鎮
Like the majority of areas in Zhejiang, most people from Wenling speak a dialect of Wu Chinese, known as Wenling Hua. It is not mutually intelligible with Mandarin Chinese, and partially intelligible with (also Wu) Shanghainese. There is also a small portion of Min Nan speakers in the southeastern regions, especially in Shitang Town. The linguistic diversity of some regions has resulted in a segment of the population becoming fluent in speaking up to three languages, when Mandarin is included.
During the Xia, Shang, and Zhou dynasties, Wenling was not part of the Chinese state but rather part of the separate culture of Dong'ou. Following the 3rd-century BC conquests of the Qin Empire, it was incorporated into the Minzhong Prefecture before being moved to Kuaiji under the Han. From the Tang to the Ming, Wenling was divided between Taizhou's Huangyan District and Wenzhou's Yueqing District.
In 1469, Taiping County was formed in the area from Fangyan, Taiping, and Fanchang, three villages formerly incorporated into Huangyan. Yueqing County's Shanmen and Yuhuan villages were ceded in 1476. In 1513, the county seat built 2.5 kilometers (1.6 mi) of city wall, roughly squared, giving it the name of "Square Castle". In 1914, the county was renamed Wenling to distinguish it from counties with same name in Shanxi, Sichuan, and Anhui. Wenling ("warm mountain") was once another name of Wenqiao Town.
Wenling was conquered by Communist forces on May 28, 1949, and the county government was created. In March 1994, Wenling was made a county-level "city".
Wenling Railway Station is located in Daxi Town, North-West of Wenling. It is part of the Ningbo-Taizhou-Wenzhou Railway, and has connected to high speed rail lines that runs in 300 km/h. In 2017, its annual ridership is about 8.5 million.
Wenling is 26 km (16 miles) away from the Taizhou Luqiao Airport, located in the city centre of Taizhou.
Wenling also connects to the Ningbo-Taizhou-Wenzhou expressway.
- QianGao (嵌糕; pinyin: QiànGāo) is made with rice cake (NianGao) and many different dishes like fried noddle, carrots, potatoes, pork, tofu, and whatever people want. QianGao is shaped like a big dumpling, and all the dishes are stuffed inside of it.
- MaiBingTong (麦饼筒; pinyin: MàiBingTong) is made with paste mixed with Pseudognaphalium affine and some other green vegetable juices. People can add pork, stir-fry egg, shrimp, onion, stir-fried noodle, and so on within the thin slice of the paste and make a roll out of it.
The economy of Wenling is relatively developed. In 2018, its nominal GDP exceeds 100 billion, becoming the first city (or county, district) in Taizhou to have 100 billion GDP. Its GDP per capita is about 83,300 RMB (12,607 US dollar).
|Zhejiang Qianjiang Motorcycle Co.,Ltd.||SZSE: 000913||May 4, 1999||Wenling Economic Development Zone|
|LEO Group Co.,Ltd.||SZSE: 002131||April 27, 2007||Binhai|
|Aishida Co.,Ltd.||SZSE: 002403||May 11, 2010||Eastern New City|
|Shimge Pump Industry Co.,Ltd.||SZSE: 002532||December 31, 2010||Daxi|
|Zhejiang Yueling Co., Ltd.||SZSE: 002725||January 29, 2014||Zeguo|
|Fuling Global Inc.||Nasdaq: FORK||November 4, 2015||Songmen|
|Zhejiang Doyin Technology Co., Ltd.||SZSE: 002793||April 15, 2016||Daxi|
|Zhejiang Zomax Transmission Co.,Ltd.||SSE: 603767||June 13, 2017||Shitang|
|Zhejiang Dayuan Pumps Industry Co., Ltd||SSE: 603757||July 11, 2017||Zeguo|
|Forest Packaging Group Co., Ltd.||SSE: 605500||December 22, 2020||Daxi|
|Wenling Zhejiang Measure & Cut Tools Trading CTR Co Ltd||SEHK: 1379||December 30, 2020||Wenqiao|
|Zhejiang Taifu Pump Co., Ltd||SZSE: 300992||May 25, 2021||Songmen|
On 13 June 2020, a fuel truck crashed and exploded, killing 19 and injuring over 170 people in Liangshan Village, close to the city of Wenling.
- "Wenling". GEOnet Names Server.
- http://www.mendeley.com/research/heavy-metal-persistent-organic-compound-contamination-soil-wenling-emerging-ewaste-recycling-city-taizhou-area-china/[dead link]
- "China explosion: Tanker truck blows up, killing 19 people". BBC News. 14 June 2020. Retrieved 15 June 2020.