|Wenzhou Normal College|
|Location||Wenzhou, Zhejiang, People's Republic of China|
www.wzu.edu.cn (Chinese)en.wzu.edu.cn (English)
Wenzhou University was founded through the amalgamation of Wenzhou Normal College established in 1956 and the former Wenzhou University, which was established in 1984.
The two main campuses of the university are in Wenzhou’s Chashan University Town, an area surrounded by green mountains and blue rivers.
WZU has with a total area of 1.7 square kilometers (419 acres), and the housing area is 820,000 square meters. The library has a collection of approximately 1.59 million volumes.
The number of faculty members, administrative and supporting staff is 1,950, which 1,310 are full-time teachers (including 167 professors, 448 associate professors), 181 are mentors for postgraduates and doctorate students, and 201 are academics.
The university has a full-time student population of 24,960.
Schools and departments
There are 20 departments or colleges at the university:
- School of Business
- College of Law and Politics
- College of Physical Education
- College of Humanity
- College of Foreign Languages
- College of Music
- Institute of Art & Design
- College of Mathematics & Information Science
- College of Physics and Electric Information
- College of Chemistry and Materials Science
- College of Life & Environmental Science
- College of Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
- College of Computer Science & Engineering
- College of Architecture & Civil Engineering
- Fashion Institute
- College of Adult & Further Education
- Ou Jiang College
- College of International Cooperation
- City College