In 1935-38, he graduated from the Kunstgewerbeschule, Lucerne, (Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts), trained as a teacher of drawing and graphic arts. He studied in Paris at (Académie de la Grande Chaumière), and Zurich (Academy Wabel). In 1938-48, he worked as a graphic artist and book designer. In 1948, he began as a teacher of figure drawing and graphic arts at the Kunstgewerbeschule Luzern, and in 1950-81, he was Director.
He lived in Lucerne, had been married for 40 years, and had four sons and one daughter. He was a member of the GSMBA (Society of Swiss Painters, Sculptors and Architects), of Central Switzerland.
- 1986 Culture in central Switzerland
- 1996 Badge of the city of Lucerne
- "Luzerner Zeitung". Retrieved 5 August 2013.
- "Hochschule Luzern - Design & Kunst - Über uns - Geschichte". Hslu.ch. Retrieved 2013-08-05.
-  Archived September 28, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
|This article about a Swiss painter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|