Werner von Strucker
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011)|
|Werner von Strucker|
|First appearance||Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Vol. 2 #1 (September 1989)|
|Created by||Bob Harras|
|Alter ego||Werner von Strucker|
Werner von Strucker first appeared in Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Vol. 2 #1 and was created by Bob Harras.
Fictional character biography
Werner briefly takes over Hydra during one of his father's supposed deaths.[volume & issue needed] Later Wolfgang returns from the dead via the death spore virus.[volume & issue needed] Werner uses his influence to try to gain part of the territory of the Kingpin after he fell from power. The conference that would divide up the Kingpin's territory is set in Las Vegas.
At first, Werner's forces detain two spies, who were in reality Microchip and Mickey Fondozzi, two associates of the Punisher. They claim to be Four and Eight, members of the organization called the Secret Empire, one of Werner's fellow conference attendees. Werner did not want to risk a rift with the Empire, he thus declines to kill them. Via a spy, the Empire learns of the two prisoners. Coincidentally, the real Four and Eight had not shown up for the Kingpin division meeting. The Secret Empire became convinced Four and Eight had turned traitor. They send Chainsaw and his Praetorians, a motorcycle gang, to attack the entire group.
Werner survives the attack. He attends a later meeting of the criminal organizations, assisted by a brown-haired man. This assistant is really his father Baron Strucker. The meeting descends into violence, part of it resulting from Werner's siblings not believing he was a descendent from the Baron. After the meeting breaks up, the Baron slays Werner via the Death Spore virus and steps into power once again. Werner's corpse is found by a super-powered vigilante named Terror. The vigilante steals one of Werner's eyes in order to gain information about the recent criminal meetings.
In other media
- Werner appears in the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3 episode "Purpose in the Machine", portrayed by Spencer Treat Clark. While he is still the son of Baron Strucker, Werner had been kept in the dark about his father's Hydra activities. Following his father's death at the hands of Ultron in Avengers: Age of Ultron, Werner took up the alias of Alexander Braun and started using his father's money. Werner was later captured by Grant Ward and Kebo when they crashed his yacht party. Ward later had Kebo torture the password to the family bank accounts out of Werner through whatever means possible. After enduring the torture and pretending to give in, Werner then grabbed a blade and stabbed Kebo in the leg. After congratulating Werner for his resilience, Ward then informed him about his father's secret life with Hydra and offered him the chance to continue his legacy to which Werner agrees. In the final scene, Werner is enrolled at Culver University to learn Psychology 101 and meets Melinda May's ex-husband Andrew Garner. In the episode "Devils You Know," Werner von Strucker and a Hydra operative confront Andrew Garner in a store as part of Grant Ward's plan to get May and Lance Hunter to stop their attack on his hideout. Although it isn't confirmed if Garner was killed in the confrontation, Werner is last seen running scared from the store as a lit cigar interacts with the gasoline and blows up the store. In the episode "Among Us Hide...," Grant Ward hears that Andrew Garner survived and has not returned causing him to send Kebo to look for him. In the Cayman Islands, Werner meets with Gideon Malick to help him out. Gideon does managed to give Werner an alias as he flees to Lisbon. Gideon later makes a deal over the phone to Grant Ward on where he can find Werner in exchange for a chance at redemption. When Melinda May and Bobbi Morse catch up to Werner, they find him being tortured by Kebo and some HYDRA Agents. Before a fight begins between Melinda May and Bobbi Morse against the HYDRA Agents, Kebo manages to stab Werner. After the HYDRA Agents are defeated and Kebo is electrocuted in the swimming pool by Bobbi, May went to Werner's body. Before going unconscious, he tells Melinda May about Andrew Garner turning into a strange creature that killed one of the HYDRA Agents with him after a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent tailing Garner and another HYDRA operative were killed in battle. In the episode "Chaos Theory," a discussion between May and Morse revealed that Werner is currently in a coma. At the end of the episode, Gideon Malick speaks with Grant Ward about recent happenings while advising him that he'd better hope that Werner doesn't wake up from his coma and plan revenge on him.
- Werner made an appearance in the 1998 film Nick Fury: Agent of Shield, played by Scott Heindl.
- Daredevil #307
- Punisher: War Journel #45-46
- Daredevil #307-309; Nomad #4-6; Punisher War Journal #46-48
- Daredevil #305 (June 1992)
- Thomas, Leah (October 6, 2015). "Who Is Werner Von Strucker On 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'? Andrew's New Student Has A Dangerous History". Bustle. Archived from the original on October 7, 2015. Retrieved October 7, 2015.
|This Marvel Comics supervillain-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|