|Traded as||NASDAQ: WSBC|
Russell 2000 Component
|Founded||1870 as "The German Bank"|
1968 as WesBanco
|Headquarters||Wheeling, West Virginia, U.S.|
| James C. Gardill, Chairman|
Todd F. Clossin, CEO & President
Robert H. Young, CFO
|Revenue||$0.286 billion (2016)|
|$0.086 billion (2016)|
|Total assets||$10.900 billion (2018)|
|Total equity||$1.341 billion (2016)|
Number of employees
WesBanco, Inc., is a bank holding company headquartered in Wheeling, West Virginia. It has 199 branches and 163 automatic teller machines in West Virginia, Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Southern Indiana.
In addition to banking services, the company offers insurance and investment products.
The company was initially chartered on January 20, 1870, as "The German Bank".
In 1968, WesBanco, Inc. was incorporated.
In 2004, the company acquired Western Ohio Financial Corporation, the parent company of Cornerstone Bank, for $65.2 million.
In 2007, the company acquired Oak Hill Financial for $201 million in cash and stock.
During the financial crisis of 2007-2008, the company received a $75 million investment by the United States Department of the Treasury as part of the Troubled Asset Relief Program. The company repurchased most of the investment in September 2009.
In September 2016, the company expanded into Kentucky and Southern Indiana with the acquisition of Your Community Bankshares.
On April 5th of 2018, the company acquired First Sentry Bancshares, Inc. (of Huntington, West Virginia).
- "WESBANCO, INC. 2016 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- "Deposit Market Share Report". Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- "Wesbanco acquires bank in eastern Ohio". American Banker. July 21, 1992.(subscription required)
- "WesBanco to acquire Cornerstone Bank". American City Business Journals. April 2, 2004.
- Mahadevan, Neetha (July 20, 2007). "WesBanco to buy Oak Hill for $201 mln". Reuters.
- "WesBanco completes pullout from US Treasury's TARP". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Associated Press. December 24, 2009.
- "WesBanco closes deal to buy AmTrust branches". American City Business Journals. March 27, 2009.
- "WesBanco, Inc. Consummates Merger with Fidelity Bancorp, Inc. and Elects Director and Senior Officers" (Press release). PRNewswire. November 30, 2012.
- "WesBanco, Inc. Consummates Merger with ESB Financial Corporation and Appoints Directors" (Press release). PRNewswire. February 10, 2015.
- "WesBanco, Inc. Consummates Merger with Your Community Bankshares, Inc. and Appoints Directors" (Press release). PRNewswire. September 9, 2016.
- "WesBanco, Inc. Announces Agreement and Plan of Merger with First Sentry Bancshares, Inc" (Press release). PRNewswire. November 13, 2017.
- Business data for WESBANCO, INC.: