||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||C. Wesley Cowan
September 4, 1951 
|Alma mater||University of Kentucky (B.A. and M.A., Anthropology)
University of Michigan (Ph.D., Anthropology) 
|Occupation||anthropologist, antiques appraiser, TV personality|
|Known for||History Detectives|
|Spouse(s)||Shelley Cowan (1978 - ) |
Education and career
In 1984, Cowan moved to Cincinnati, Ohio to be the Curator of Archaeology at the Cincinnati Museum of Natural History & Science. He has published in the fields of American archaeology and paleoethnobotany.
In 1995, he left academia and founded his antiques business, Cowan's Auctions, Inc. in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Cowan, C. Wesley; Watson, Patty Jo, (editors), The Origins of Agriculture in International Perspective, Tuscaloosa, Alabama : The University of Alabama Press, January 28, 2006 (originally published in 1992 by The Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington D.C. ISBN 0874749905)
- Brose, David S.; Cowan, C. Wesley; Mainfort, Robert C., (editors), Societies in Eclipse: Eastern North America at the Dawn of European Colonization, Washington, S.C. : Smithsonian Institution Press, 2001.
- Brose, David S.; Cowan, C. Wesley; Mainfort, Robert C., (editors), Societies in Eclipse: Archaeology of the Eastern Woodlands Indians, A.D. 1400-1700, Tuscaloosa, Alabama : The University of Alabama Press, 2010
- Cowan, C. Wesley, First farmers of the middle Ohio Valley : Fort Ancient societies, A.D. 1000-1670, Cincinnati, Ohio : Cincinnati Museum of Natural History, 1987
- Cf. bio in Wes Cowan at the Internet Movie Database
- "BIO: Wes Cowan", cowanauctions.com
- Kiesewetter, John (2003) "Appraiser Cowan to co-host new antiques show on PBS", Cincinnati Enquirer, July 14, 2003, p. C2
- Serwer, Adam (April 17, 2016). "The Secret History Of The Photo At The Center Of The Black Confederate Myth". BuzzFeed News. Retrieved 2016-04-18.