|Member of the Alaska House of Representatives
from the 14th district
July 27, 2007
|Preceded by||Vic Kohring|
April 24, 1946 |
|Alma mater||University of Alaska Fairbanks|
Wes Keller (born April 24, 1946) is a Republican member of the Alaska House of Representatives, representing the 14th District. He is currently serving as Co-Chair of the Health & Social Services Committee, Chair of the Administrative Regulation Review Committee, and is a member of the Community & Regional Affairs Committee, Education Committee, and the Fisheries Special Committee. He also serves on the Administration and Law Finance Subcommittees, for the 26th Legislature. Before elected to office Wes Keller was a building maintenance and construction contractor. Keller is a member of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), serving as Alaska state leader.
Representative Keller has a wife: Gayle, three children: Matt, April & Zach, and five grandchildren. Wes Keller graduated from Central High School, Superior, Wisconsin in 1964 and received a Bachelor of Science in Broad Field Science Major with minors in Math and Physics from the University of Wisconsin–Superior in 1986.
In 2012, Representative Wes Keller blocked a resolution honoring the 100th anniversary of the Girl Scouts due to internet rumors that the Girl Scouts were linked to Planned Parenthood. He stated “I’m sure you are aware of the information that’s floating around the internet, and I’d like to give you the opportunity to respond to your connection, the Girl Scout connection, with Planned Parenthood and the activist role in that — is there a connection? Is there not? Frankly, I haven’t looked into it but I see it’s out there,” Keller later softened his tone, praising the Girl Scouts but refusing to let the resolution pass.
Ties to ALEC
Wes Keller is a current member of ALEC, serving as its state leader and has attended conferences in 2011 and 2014
- Wes Keller at Ballotpedia
- Rosenthal, Max J. (2012-04-09). "Wasilla, Alaska Lawmaker Links Girl Scouts To Planned Parenthood". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- "Girl Scouts: No involvement with Planned Parenthood". Alaska Dispatch News. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- "Jerry Madden on Twitter". Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- Alaska State House Majority Site
- Alaska State Legislature Biography
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Wes Keller at 100 Years of Alaska's Legislature
- American Legislative Exchange Council
|This article about an Alaska politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|