Wesley P. Chesbro
|Member of the California State Assembly|
from the 2nd district
1st district (2008–2012)
December 1, 2008 – November 30, 2014
|Preceded by||Patty Berg|
|Succeeded by||Jim Wood|
|Member of the California State Senate|
from the 2nd district
December 7, 1998 – December 4, 2006
|Preceded by||Mike Thompson|
|Succeeded by||Pat Wiggins|
|Born||August 20, 1951|
Los Angeles, California
|Alma mater||University of San Francisco|
Wesley P. Chesbro (born August 20, 1951) is a Democratic politician from California. He was an assemblymember for the 2nd district, encompassing the North Coast. Previously, Chesbro served as the Assembly member from California's 1st district from 2008 until 2012. He has also served as a member of the California Integrated Waste Management Board.
Chesbro was an early leader in the recycling movement having founded the Arcata Recycling Center in 1971. The Arcata Recycling Center is one of California's oldest and most successful recycling operations. He has also served as a Humboldt County Supervisor and an Arcata city councilmember.
Post Senate Career
Chesbro was term-limited in 2006 and was replaced by Pat Wiggins. On January 5, 2007, Chesbro was appointed by the California State Senate Rules Committee to serve again on the California Integrated Waste Management Board. On January 12, 2007, State Superintendent of Public Instruction Jack O'Connell announced the appointment of Chesbro to the California Mental Health Services Oversight and Accountability Commission.
2008 assembly election
On February 8, 2008 Chesbro announced he would run in the November 2008 election to replace term-limited Patty Berg in California's 1st assembly district. He was successful, winning with 70.5% of the vote over Republican Jim Pell.
- "Assembly Member Wesley "Wes" Chesbro". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved 2010-06-30. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "January 2007 CIWMB Board Meeting Summary". CalRecycle. 2007-01-27. Retrieved 2010-07-11. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- McLean, Hilary (2007-01-12). "State Schools Chief Jack O'Connell Appoints Wesley Chesbro to Mental Health Commission" (Press release). California Department of Education. Retrieved 2010-07-11. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Larson, Elizabeth (2008-02-08). "Chesbro to run for First District Assembly seat". Lake County News. Retrieved 2010-07-11. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "2019 California Special Election Results". Election Results. Retrieved Apr 1, 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)