Wesley Chu (朱恆昱) (born September 23, 1976, in Taipei) is a #1 New York Times Bestselling science fiction author. He was originally raised by his grandparents in Taiwan while his parents were studying in the United States. In 1982, he joined his parents in Lincoln, Nebraska, later settling in Chicago in 1990. He received a degree in management information systems from the University of Illinois, worked consulting jobs, then spent ten years in the banking industry. He has acted in film and television, and has also worked as a stuntman.
Chu's first novel, The Lives of Tao, was submitted in 2011 to Angry Robot Books as part of their "Open Door" process, and published in 2013. It was selected as one of the 2014 Alex Awards winners. Chu became a full-time writer in 2014. He was nominated for the John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer in 2014 and 2015, winning the second time.
In 2019, Chu debuted #1 on the New York Times Bestseller list with The Red Scrolls of Magic.
- The Lives of Tao (Angry Robot Books, 2013)
- The Deaths of Tao (Angry Robot Books, 2014)
- The Rebirths of Tao (Angry Robot Books, 2015)
- "The Days of Tao" (Angry Robot Books, 2016)
- Time Salvager (Tor, 2015)
- Time Siege (Tor, 2016)
The Io series (a three-book synopsis exists) is a continuation of the Tao series, centered on new characters, Ella and her alien Io.
- The Rise of Io (Angry Robot Books, 2016)
- The Fall of Io (Angry Robot Books, 2018)
"The Eldest Curses" series
- The Red Scrolls of Magic (Margaret K. McElderry Books, 2019)
- The Lost Book of the White (Margaret K. McElderry Books, 2020)
- The Black Volume of the Death (Margaret K. McElderry Books, TBA)
The Walking Dead series
- The Walking Dead: Typhoon (Skybound Books, 2019)
- "Wesley Chu:Timelines". Locus. Vol. 75 no. 2. August 2015. pp. 60–62.
- Locus 2015, p. 60.
- Chu, Wesley (2015). "Introduction". Time Salvager. Tor.
- Darren (May 2012). "Debut Author Wesley Chu Joins Angry Robot with The Lives of Tao".
- "Wesley Chu:Timelines". Locus Online. August 23, 2015.
- Lee (October 2013). "Open Door – a personal story from Wesley Chu".
- Chu, Wesley (2015). "Acknowledgements". The Rebirths of Tao. Angry Robot Books.
- "Wesley Chu". Angry Robot Books.
- Anders, Charlie Jane (January 14, 2015). "Good News: Angry Robot Books Gets Back To Full Speed In A Couple Months". io9.
- Sneider, Jeff (June 3, 2015). "Michael Bay to Direct Sci-Fi Movie 'Time Salvager' for Paramount". The Wrap.
- "Young Adult Hardcover Books - Best Sellers - Apr 28, 2019 - The New York Times". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- "'The Walking Dead: Typhoon' Novel Excerpt Brings the Apocalypse to China (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2019-08-02.
- Locus 2015, p. 62.
- Clare, Cassandra (March 20, 2020). "The Eldest Curse Archives". Cassandra Clare. Retrieved March 20, 2020.
- "Yes that is an eyepatch. And yes, I am happy to see you". wesleychu.com. Jan 24, 2012. Retrieved Sep 1, 2015.