Wesley Township, Will County, Illinois
Location in Will County
|• Supervisor||JoAnn Quigley|
|• Total||28.52 sq mi (73.9 km2)|
|• Land||27.85 sq mi (72.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.67 sq mi (1.7 km2) 2.35%|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||80.5/sq mi (31.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
Wesley Township is located in Will County, Illinois. As of the 2010 census, its population was 2,241 and it contained 891 housing units. Wesley Township was formed from the south-eastern part of Wilmington Township in 1846. Wesley, Illinois was the setting for a murder in the 1966 mystery fiction book "Deadline" by Thomas B. Dewey
- Wilmington Community School District 209-U
- Manteno Community School District Unit 5
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 28.52 square miles (73.9 km2), of which 27.85 square miles (72.1 km2) (or 97.65%) is land and 0.67 square miles (1.7 km2) (or 2.35%) is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- Township Website
- Will County Historical Society
- Township Map
- Will County Official Site
- Illinois State Archives
|This Will County, Illinois location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|